**Official Wild Card Games Thread**

Brian

Tuesday at 7pm CT:

Oakland A's (Jon Lester 16-11, 2.46) at Kansas City Royals (James Shields 14-8, 3.21)

Wednesday Night at 7pm CT:

San Francisco Giants (Madison Bumgarner 18-10, 2-98) at Pittsburgh Pirates (Edison Volquez 13-7, 3.04)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn finally gets to the playoffs......and he's not playing, per Rotoworld:

Adam Dunn is not in the starting lineup for Tuesday's Wild Card game against the Royals.

Dunn is in the playoffs for the first time in his long career, but it looks like he'll be limited to pinch-hitter duty. The full lineup hasn't been announced yet, but Geovany Soto will catch Jon Lester while Brandon Moss will serve as DH and Sam Fuld will play left.

Dunn finally gets to the playoffs......and he's not playing, per Rotoworld:

Adam Dunn is not in the starting lineup for Tuesday's Wild Card game against the Royals.

Dunn is in the playoffs for the first time in his long career, but it looks like he'll be limited to pinch-hitter duty. The full lineup hasn't been announced yet, but Geovany Soto will catch Jon Lester while Brandon Moss will serve as DH and Sam Fuld will play left.

Just looked it up, Dunn is hitting 200/300/286 in 40 career PA vs Shields.

This is getting ridiculous ... Some Royals fans pissed that Jayson Nix is not playing cause he has good career stats vs. Lester. I don't think Jayson Nix is the answer over Mike (I cant' hit, either) Moustakas. Colon is the bat I might have inserted over Moose.

I'm feeling a 5-1 A's victory. Another prediction. Royals fans, known the most of late for booing Robinson Cano at the All-Star game after booing Bill Self and Matt Cassel the day before in the all-star celebrity softball game, will boo tonight when Yost bunts in the first inning.

It's reached legendary status here. Fans outraged when Yost goes for the sac bunt in any situation.

KC will lose, Beane will be praised and Yost will be blamed is my prediction.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 04:49 PM)
This is getting ridiculous ... Some Royals fans pissed that Jayson Nix is not playing cause he has good career stats vs. Lester. I don't think Jayson Nix is the answer over Mike (I cant' hit, either) Moustakas. Colon is the bat I might have inserted over Moose.

I'm feeling a 5-1 A's victory. Another prediction. Royals fans, known the most of late for booing Robinson Cano at the All-Star game after booing Bill Self and Matt Cassel the day before in the all-star celebrity softball game, will boo tonight when Yost bunts in the first inning.

It's reached legendary status here. Fans outraged when Yost goes for the sac bunt in any situation.

KC will lose, Beane will be praised and Yost will be blamed is my prediction.

When you have the 2005 White Sox bullpen and an offense without any huge run producers, scoring to take an early 1-0 lead is usually quite smart, especially at home.

It's not like the A's are loaded with consistent offensive weapons either, not after they dealt Cespedes and Donaldson/Moss slumped for most of the 2nd half.

If I'm a Royals fan, I want an early lead to put pressure on the A's and/or a 1 or 2 run lead going into the 6th or 7th...and I'd feel extremely confident about winning this one.

Royals fans, of late, went to an open batting practice in the thousands, sold out against the Tigers for a late September weekend series and also rocked Arrowhead despite it being a Chiefs' game.

Edited by caulfield12