87.7FM The Game getting shut down

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Not good most of the time, but when mlb draft happened they were only station discussing. Liked it then. But I mean, 87.7, most people don't even know that's on the dial.

Sounded like college radio the few times that I listened. I have a 2008 Kia and my radio dial in the car doesn't go down to 87.7. If it worked in my car I would've listened when 670 was on commercial. Oh well. Lots of guys left gigs to go there too.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Not good most of the time, but when mlb draft happened they were only station discussing. Liked it then. But I mean, 87.7, most people don't even know that's on the dial.

My car radio can't even get below 88.1, so I was never even able to listen to it, although I would have when The Score is going on hour-10 of Bears talk that makes me want to swerve in to oncoming traffic.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
My car radio can't even get below 88.1, so I was never even able to listen to it, although I would have when The Score is going on hour-10 of Bears talk that makes me want to swerve in to oncoming traffic.

Yeah, 87.7 FM is technically in the TV broadcast range. Back when it was an alternative rock station for a couple of years, they broadcast both an audio and video signal. That's why a lot of radios can't even pick it up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
I can't believe the station isn't pulling the plug. They're blasting their employer on live radio.

Its on deadspin now, they are probably getting their best ratings since the started

Most of the on air personalities weren't very good, but it was nice to hear talk radio on FM. Sounds so much better.

They also didn't have as many commercials, maybe that was part of their down fall. I feel like the Score can be on commercial forever.

There was an excruciating debate where an on air personality was claiming all of baseballs woes were due to advanced analytics (strikeouts), and a caller said "well a part of it is that the average speed of a pitch ahs gone up 4 mph" and he was like "ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A PROFESSIONAL HITTER IS GONNA HAVE TROUBLE HITTING A 94 MPH FASTBALL DOWN THE MIDDLE MORE THAN A 90MPH FASTBALL? YOU ARE AN IDIOT THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS"

Yea that was like the last time I went there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 02:31 PM)
There was an excruciating debate where an on air personality was claiming all of baseballs woes were due to advanced analytics (strikeouts), and a caller said "well a part of it is that the average speed of a pitch ahs gone up 4 mph" and he was like "ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT A PROFESSIONAL HITTER IS GONNA HAVE TROUBLE HITTING A 94 MPH FASTBALL DOWN THE MIDDLE MORE THAN A 90MPH FASTBALL? YOU ARE AN IDIOT THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS"

Yea that was like the last time I went there.

Sounds like Dan Berstein.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 04:30 PM)
bernstein may be a screamy jerk but that garbage in bmags post is just flat-out stupid. It's not even meatball hurr durr nerds in their moms basement stuff, it's just a complete lack of understanding of the game of baseball.

I was just referring to the host yelling and calling the guy an idiot. Bernstein is such an ass to all his listeners, I would NEVER call in to his show.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 20, 2014 -> 04:39 PM)
I was just referring to the host yelling and calling the guy an idiot. Bernstein is such an ass to all his listeners, I would NEVER call in to his show.

Yeah - they'd demolish you because you normally have some very weird off the wall ideas. :P

jk, obv. bernstein is an equal opportunity demolisher.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
B&B also seemingly go out of their way to let people with dumb comments or questions on the air so they can b**** about how dumb everyone is. I know all shows will get the dumb calls but most shows will at least try to weed out them out.

They do it on purpose. Sometimes it's funny when you get someone really crazy calling in, but 90% of the time it's annoying. Lawrence Holmes almost never gets calls like that.

In general I hate when shows take phone calls. I would rather listen to the host talk about something or talk with people like Matt Bowen.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 21, 2014 -> 12:33 PM)
They do it on purpose. Sometimes it's funny when you get someone really crazy calling in, but 90% of the time it's annoying. Lawrence Holmes almost never gets calls like that.

In general I hate when shows take phone calls. I would rather listen to the host talk about something or talk with people like Matt Bowen.

Agree. More Bowen, Biggs, and Hub. Less Bob from Skokie.