Ticketmaster free tickets from class action lawsuit

Buehrle>Wood

https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers

Found out through that site that they gave me 14 free tickets and a bunch of discount codes. Figured I'd post it here for everyone else to see. Not entirely sure yet what shows are eligible as they seemingly have posted that list yet. More info:

Class Members who made purchase transactions on www.ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013, should anticipate receiving, on or around June 18, 2016, at least one Ticket Code redeemable for two tickets for General Admission seating at designated concert events at Live Nation owned or operated venues, subject to availability and limitations.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 11:02 AM)
Holy crap, I have 22 free code tickets, plus like a dozen $2.25 off codes.

Does the list of shows not exist yet?

How many and what shows did you buy tickets for?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I haven't seen a list of what I could buy for, as of yet.

I phrased that wrong. You must have bought a significant number of tickets to qualify for that many free tickets. How much business have you done with TM?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
I phrased that wrong. You must have bought a significant number of tickets to qualify for that many free tickets. How much business have you done with TM?

Almost all baseball tickets. It runs between 1999-2013, so that is a lot of baseball.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
I know I used ticketmaster a few times but I get nothing? I'm suing.

Not any more. They've now adopted "mandatory arbitration" so if they want to rip you off unless you can afford an individual attorney your other choice is to not buy tickets to stuff.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 11:06 PM)
Maybe you used a different account or it was after 2013?

I used to use ticketmaster for Sox tickets before I started with Stubhub like 5 years ago

I would have never known this, but I have 10 free pairs plus 11 discount codes. I'll take it. Good thing they go to 2020 as it should allow me to most definitely leverage these with my kids, etc. Hopefully there are worthwhile events and decent seats we can get with these. General Admission is odd so wonder what that really means you get.

PS: Thanks for telling me about this, I don't recall ever seeing an email or anything and I really don't use ticketmaster much, if at all anymore (especially since I don't catch near as many games as I used to with the kids so young).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
So is this general admission pair only going to get me into some awful event that I have zero interest in going to?

In the very very least, it looks like House of Blues shows will be applicable. Not sure that means anything out in Cali, if there's one out there or not but good for the Chicago crowd here.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
Where do you check to see what you have? The link for Active Vouchers?

edit: nm, it finally opened.

Yeah. It took a few refreshes to work. I honestly don't even know the last time I logged in, so I am sure I bought tickets as a guest before that I'll never get credit for.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
In the very very least, it looks like House of Blues shows will be applicable. Not sure that means anything out in Cali, if there's one out there or not but good for the Chicago crowd here.

See...my view is I didn't buy concert tickets with ticketmaster, it was only sports tickets (i.e., baseball games), so there should be something that would ensure that I can get a like size type item. I know the attorney's don't care about stuff like that but somewhere in the settlement, if I got hosed unfairly (for whatever reason I have no idea as I haven't paid any attention to this suit) due to violations of law or whatever it was, I should get replenished in something that would have been in-kind and consistent with what I previously purchased (or those "vouchers" should have some sort of economic value that I can apply for alternative use). I'm sure in the settlement they were applied some "form" of value so why can't I receive a similar value as an option (or maybe I can and I'm not smart enough).

So for example, certain crappy seats at baseball games should probably be in the equation.