Alexei Ramirez .323, .353 .581 .934

Adam Eaton .313, .476, .531, 1.007

Geo Soto .300, .364, 1.00 1.364 only 10 at bats

Avi Garcia .226, .294, .290, .584

Jose Abreu .222, .300, .306, .606

Adam LaRoche .162, .162, .189, .351 notice no walks

Tyler Flowers .087, .087, .087, .174 23 at bats

Interesting

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
Carlos Sanchez .344 , .382 , .469, .861

Melky Cabrera .342, .366 , .632, .997

Tyler Saladino .333, .325, .487, .812

Alexei Ramirez .323, .353 .581 .934

Adam Eaton .313, .476, .531, 1.007

Geo Soto .300, .364, 1.00 1.364 only 10 at bats

Avi Garcia .226, .294, .290, .584

Jose Abreu .222, .300, .306, .606

Adam LaRoche .162, .162, .189, .351 notice no walks

Tyler Flowers .087, .087, .087, .174 23 at bats

Interesting

excellent... thank for your work in assembling the info.

i was thinking of this last nite.

With the bat Adam Eaton has been steadily getting better as the season has gone on after a terrible start.

Eaton

April/March 19 G .192 Avg .241 OB% .256 SLUG% .497 OPS .234 BABIP 7 R

May 26 G .262 Avg .325 OB% .402 SLUG% .727 OPS .302 BABIP 20 R

June 25 G .276 Avg .355 OB% .459 SLUG% .814 OPS .316 BABIP 13 R

July 20 G .267 Avg .375 OB% .453 SLUG% .828 OPS .315 BABIP 14 R

From May 1st until July 25th, Eaton has scored 47 runs in 71 games. At that pace over a full season of 162 games that would be 107 runs. It's also nice to see this isn't due to some inflated BABIP.

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:56 AM)
With the bat Adam Eaton has been steadily getting better as the season has gone on after a terrible start.

Eaton

April/March 19 G .192 Avg .241 OB% .256 SLUG% .497 OPS .234 BABIP 7 R

May 26 G .262 Avg .325 OB% .402 SLUG% .727 OPS .302 BABIP 20 R

June 25 G .276 Avg .355 OB% .459 SLUG% .814 OPS .316 BABIP 13 R

July 20 G .267 Avg .375 OB% .453 SLUG% .828 OPS .315 BABIP 14 R

From May 1st until July 25th, Eaton has scored 47 runs in 71 games. At that pace over a full season of 162 games that would be 107 runs. It's also nice to see this isn't due to some inflated BABIP.

Great post. Take out that horrible April and he's actually been more productive with the bat than last season due to his unexpected increase in power. Also, not sure how his defense has trended month to month, but it seems like he was once again the victim of early season struggles. Honestly, I have no concerns about Eaton going forward.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)
Anybody else think we should overpay for Heyward? 2/3 OF defense set for 5 years.

If we're going to spend $20 million this offseason on someone, finding a corner OF who can hit and play some defense fits this team a heckuva lot better than signing an expensive RHP.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
Anybody else think we should overpay for Heyward? 2/3 OF defense set for 5 years.

It is not my money, so yes I think we should overpay for Heyward. He would be 26 at the beginning of the contract, plays very good D in RF, and is adequate with the bat. Take a weak spot and make it into a strength.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
If we're going to spend $20 million this offseason on someone, finding a corner OF who can hit and play some defense fits this team a heckuva lot better than signing an expensive RHP.

Hell I'm on board. I'm getting really sick of Garcia.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
in that case, some team can trade for him.

No one will want him. He has ~0 trade value. He's in the same position as Viciedo last year, a guy you could get on the waiver wire who has shown nothing in the big leagues and is about to get more expensive. We can pretend he has trade value but he doesn't.

If you're rebuilding, he's the kind of guy you claim if your coaches like him. You play them & see what happens because the worst thing that happens is you lose games. If we want to compete next year, barring a major change in his style of play over the last 2 months of 2015, he can't be the starting RF. Hell, if we want to make a legit WC run, either him or LaRoche, take your pick which one you want to bench.

I'm not as down on Avi as most of you. Obviously, he is struggling. Probably pressing. Still hustling; he'll get hot anytime soon, I hope. Much better baseball player than Viciedo. As some guy in Green Bay said, "Relax."

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 02:05 AM)
No one will want him. He has ~0 trade value. He's in the same position as Viciedo last year, a guy you could get on the waiver wire who has shown nothing in the big leagues and is about to get more expensive. We can pretend he has trade value but he doesn't.

If you're rebuilding, he's the kind of guy you claim if your coaches like him. You play them & see what happens because the worst thing that happens is you lose games. If we want to compete next year, barring a major change in his style of play over the last 2 months of 2015, he can't be the starting RF. Hell, if we want to make a legit WC run, either him or LaRoche, take your pick which one you want to bench.

i still like him. this is his first yr without an injury, knock of wood.

so he will continue to learn.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)

I'm going to "pretend" he has value . If Avi was in the minor league putting up a .325average , with his speed and arm and power potential he'd be considered to have 4 of the 5 tools , defense being his only weakness . He'd probably be a top 100 prospect , maybe top 50, the kind of guy most teams are hoarding now.

But because he hasn't quite figured it out yet at the advanced age of 23 in the majors he has no trade value ? Yes I will admit he has no value to a competing team but a high level talent is still worth a premium until he's at an age where it's apparent he will never figure it out. He isn't even close to that point yet.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)

Yes, I agree, plus it would make Avi. a trade chip for whatever he may be worth

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 10:55 PM)
I'm going to "pretend" he has value . If Avi was in the minor league putting up a .325average , with his speed and arm and power potential he'd be considered to have 4 of the 5 tools , defense being his only weakness . He'd probably be a top 100 prospect , maybe top 50, the kind of guy most teams are hoarding now.

But because he hasn't quite figured it out yet at the advanced age of 23 in the majors he has no trade value ? Yes I will admit he has no value to a competing team but a high level talent is still worth a premium until he's at an age where it's apparent he will never figure it out. He isn't even close to that point yet.

Agree

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
Oh come on he's 23..this is really his first yr. I think he gets better

No one on the White Sox has value in Balta's mind. Just ask him. The guy clearly knows baseball, but his negative nancy BS gets hard to read.

Avi is 23 years old, and as someone else just eloquently stated, would have tons and tons of value if he were still in AAA raking away. Sure, he has been terribly frustrating this season, but I doubt the Sox completely give up on him. I suppose I wouldn't be shocked if they traded him - but they won't if he's not a key piece of the deal.

But then again, Balta thought Melky was a sunk cost a month ago when it was extremely obvious that the guy was hitting into comically bad luck and would turn a corner. And look at him now...just raking away.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 12:19 PM)
Oh come on he's 23..this is really his first yr. I think he gets better

It's entirely reasonable that he could get better, but no one is going to trade anything of value for him on the hopes that he will. He may eventually turn into a solid player, but guys who struggle early and get replaced rapidly because a team wants to win now are common around this league. If you have an opening on your roster for an OF you can find plenty of guys who can be what Avi is right now.

He's also a first-year arbitration eligible player this fall so his salary is going to go up...which means the clock is ticking rapidly only him. 2016 he's still somewhat cheap if you pick him up, but if he struggles during 2016 he's exactly where Viciedo was last offseason salary-wise.

He has exactly as much trade value as Viciedo had at the end of 2013, when the White Sox kept pretending they were going to successfully trade him somewhere and then never did.

LaRoche and Flowers by far the worst.

This absolutely screams more Soto, as many of us have been chiming for.

Cannot, Cannot , Cannot let LaRoche start against LHP anymore. We'll see what happens tomorrow against Miley.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)
It's entirely reasonable that he could get better, but no one is going to trade anything of value for him on the hopes that he will. He may eventually turn into a solid player, but guys who struggle early and get replaced rapidly because a team wants to win now are common around this league. If you have an opening on your roster for an OF you can find plenty of guys who can be what Avi is right now.

He's also a first-year arbitration eligible player this fall so his salary is going to go up...which means the clock is ticking rapidly only him. 2016 he's still somewhat cheap if you pick him up, but if he struggles during 2016 he's exactly where Viciedo was last offseason salary-wise.

He has exactly as much trade value as Viciedo had at the end of 2013, when the White Sox kept pretending they were going to successfully trade him somewhere and then never did.

Agreed, but if we pick up a corner OF, I'd rather see Avi hit DH then LaRoche. Trade LaRoche for whatever you can but if you can't let him at the very most platoon DH with Avi.

Personally, I could stomach Avi in the OF again next year if it meant a serious upgrade at 3b, SS, 2b or C, which I think we need more than an corner outfielder.