AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!

Heads22

Good win. Great sweep. The Sox did so many anti-Sox things this series, basically mauling a Central Division team. Would be nice to win the opener vs. Boston and show them we've come to play ball.

Rodon does look amazing. Can you imagine a rotation of Rodon, Sale, Shark and Q, with a servicable five in Danks, not 5-10 over .500?? Very bizarre season.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
I love our pitching. Also please keep hitting Sanchez, would love to not have to worry about 2B in the future.

As has been said, he's doing what he always has done. Not hit at first, then hit well. And he plays great defense. Don't know how he ranks in terms of the numbers defensively, but my eyes tell me he's one of the better ones out there.

We will likely be five out of the Wild Card after today.

Upcoming series for those in front of us:

LA vs Hou

Min vs Pit

Tor vs Phil

Balt vs Atl

Det vs TB

Tex vs NYY

I think we'll probably give it one more series before selling, because with Minnesota playing a really good Pirates team, us being within 3-4 by the deadline isn't THAT difficult to believe. I still don't think we're a contender, but, its at least mildly interesting.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
We will likely be five out of the Wild Card after today.

Upcoming series for those in front of us:

LA vs Hou

Min vs Pit

Tor vs Phil

Balt vs Atl

Det vs TB

Tex vs NYY

I think we'll probably give it one more series before selling, because with Minnesota playing a really good Pirates team, us being within 3-4 by the deadline isn't THAT difficult to believe. I still don't think we're a contender, but, its at least mildly interesting.

Well, we only have one more series left lol

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
So you think we'll risk letting Shark make the start on Tuesday?

The way we swept Indians and scored quite a few runs on a pretty good starting rotation I think we give it until the deadline to sell unless we get some great offer we can't refuse

I'm so happy to see Rodon and Sanchez out there leading the charge today. If the Sox are going to have a sustained run of success it would behoove them to find another good starter and a solid starting 2B -- looks like that could happen.

Sanchez has almost battled back to replacement level after that brutal start. I still think he's a 1 to 2.5 WAR player long term and IMO they need to bring Micah up, let him DH, and try and apprentice Sanchez the best he can while getting a start once a week at 2B.

As for Rodon, obvious he didn't have close to his best stuff but what he did have was decent command on all three of his pitches. Hey, you don't have to throw 97, it helps, but you can certainly be effective without it, especially as a lefty. Hell, look no further than Q.

Exciting times and that's all you can ask for as a fan. Season is still a disapointment to this point and probably will be in the end -- but at least they are showing some signs. Avi and Laroche are problems but at least they only have 2 holes instead of 4-5 currently. Avi you let get his 600 PA and then another 600 next year and see what happens but Laroche needs to be benched. The Sox never admit sunk costs tho. Another arm chair GM suggestion is to bring up Thompson and let him split time in RF with Avi, where Avi gets to DH some and Laroche is moved to the bench. Jose seems to be playing a decent 1B anyways.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 05:33 PM)
As much as I don't think we are playoff capable, and knowing that we need an infusion of talent, I'd still love for us to make a push. Seen enough losing since 08.

I know it's false hope but the one reason I haven't thrown in the towel is because outside of maybe a healthy Detroit, none of these teams in the race scare me at all.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
I know it's false hope but the one reason I haven't thrown in the towel is because outside of maybe a healthy Detroit, none of these teams in the race scare me at all.

Same. I simply miss White Sox baseball being interesting.