LaRoche to sit out first two BOS games

southsider2k5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Unreadable, Sun Times, closed link.

Ye Gods, I read it, he's taking 2 days to clear his head. Eaton said Herm pushed something through him and he feels better.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:59 PM)
Ye Gods, I read it, he's taking 2 days to clear his head. Eaton said Herm pushed something through him and he feels better.

I literally can't. I try to open the article and I get a popup that will not close. I try to close the popup ad or answer the stupid survey thing and whenever I click on it the page automatically closes and it opens an empty new tab.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
I literally can't. I try to open the article and I get a popup that will not close. I try to close the popup ad or answer the stupid survey thing and whenever I click on it the page automatically closes and it opens an empty new tab.

It's awful. I have pop-up blocker on, it cannot stop the madness.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/07/cole...ice-giants.html

In this thread, Stark says Pirates have asked the Sox about LaRoche but since they haven't been able to move Alvarez, no move is likely to happen. I'd take 2 months of Alvarez for 1 year and 2 months of LaRoche.

So you are saying there is something brewing?!

In this thread, Stark says Pirates have asked the Sox about LaRoche but since they haven't been able to move Alvarez, no move is likely to happen. I'd take 2 months of Alvarez for 1 year and 2 months of LaRoche.

Yeah, I would trade Alvarez for LaRoche for sure

So would I. Fwiw, Alvarez is not a FA until after the 2016 season.

I am curious about this though. Alvarez is hitting better than LaRoche which is not saying alot. It must be LaRoche's defense that interest the Pirates since Alvarez is a hack.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
So would I. Fwiw, Alvarez is not a FA until after the 2016 season.

I am curious about this though. Alvarez is hitting better than LaRoche which is not saying alot. It must be LaRoche's defense that interest the Pirates since Alvarez is a hack.

Damn I thought it was 15 for some reason...I guess I'd still prefer him for a year. Or they find a taker for Alvarez and we give them LaRoche.

Edit: he's actually arbitration eligible next season so you could always nontender him if you didn't want him.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
Damn I thought it was 15 for some reason...I guess I'd still prefer him for a year. Or they find a taker for Alvarez and we give them LaRoche.

Edit: he's actually arbitration eligible next season so you could always nontender him if you didn't want him.

I would be fine with that. I'm thinking Pitt wants more from the Sox than just LaRoche and that's why nothing happened?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
I would be willing to send over a lower level prospect or some money along with LaRoche

You're probably not willing to send off enough money, would be my guess. They got the Brewers to still pay 40% of Aramis's remaining $5 million, so they only took on a sliver even in that deal.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 06:11 PM)
I would be willing to send over a lower level prospect or some money along with LaRoche

Money is probably what Pitt was after and the Sox not willing to give up the amount. I don't blame Pitt for wanting money since LaRoche is not worth it but I would be willing to pay in an effort to make a trade happen.

Alvarez for LaRoche would be an incredible deal for the Sox. You make Alvarez a full time DH and he may excel, well, at least improve, in that role. He wouldn't have to worry about his defense at all and that may be affecting him mentally. Plus, I'd do about anything to get LaRoche off the roster.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 8m8 minutes ago

Adam LaRoche didn't want the two days off but agrees he needed it. "I’m healing. My pride has been injured a little bit." #WhiteSox

His pride feels good on the 15th and 30th of the month will be next report!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 8m8 minutes ago

Adam LaRoche didn't want the two days off but agrees he needed it. "I’m healing. My pride has been injured a little bit." #WhiteSox

He's probably too stubborn to shave the beard to change his luck. Shave it.

QUOTE (Doc Edwards Shot @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 03:15 PM)
I don't know much about DFA, so somebody help me out...

Why can't they/won't they DFA LaRoche? He's bad enough to warrant it.

Are there some union issues/labor contract issues that prevent them from doing it?

Because the Sox would have to pay all of his salary next year (and the rest of this year). I don't think they are ready to do that. I also don't think it would be prudent to assume LaRoche is a bust and I also don't know if we have better options in house. Yes, he is struggling, but he also had some hand issues (IIRC) and they very well might be impacting his performance as well. If I were going to DFA him, it wouldn't be this year, it would be after he had a shot next year (with a fresh off-season / season).