Sports Betting

kev211

I figured we've never really had any betting threads on this forum where we can discuss spreads etc.

I've been leaning colts +7 and Seattle -7.5 all week, but decided to tease them to Seattle -2/NE -1.

What is everyone else doing?

Edited by kev211

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
I figured we've never really had any betting threads on this forum where we can discuss spreads etc.

I've been leaning colts +7 and Seattle -7.5 all week, but decided to tease them to Seattle -2/NE -1.

What is everyone else doing?

I did the same exact thing as you.

I've really slowed up on my betting habits and only play once in awhile but I'm sitting today out.

I think I would've gone the opposite direction of you though. I would have taken a 7 point teaser and pushed both games to 2 TDs.

Good luck today

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
Hope anyone who took GB is enjoying their 24 point cushion.

I had a strong feeling all week that GB would play them tough, and then this morning decided I would bet GB ml. Actually went further and bet GB -3.5 on a prop bet.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
If the Packers dont score it looks like basically everyone in this thread managed to lose.

Talk about jinxing yourself.

Good thing is at least the tie pushes the game to the over...have GB + 8.5 and over 44.5, but losing the prop bet sucks.

I put $100 on NE at +250 a few weeks ago so if NE jumps up to a 3 point or so favorite I'll probably hedge it out somewhat.

This past weekend I won a couple soccer bets on the Africa Cup of Nations but got destroyed by the NE/IND game. I had a 3 team teaser on GB +18.5, NE + 3 and IND +17 and I had an in game bet on over 52.5 so that sucked.

I don't bet that much once football ends. I'll make a couple CBB bets a week and I like dabbling in international soccer but once the Super Bowl ends I go pretty quiet until the NCAA tournament.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 11:47 AM)
Yes. The SuperBook located within the Westgate. The Westgate is the old Las Vegas Hilton.

Hey shack where do you recommend for sports betting on/near the strip? I'll be there with a group of friends for the sweet 16/elite 8 rounds and last time we bet at Caesars and New York New York, so wondering if there are better places you know of.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Had another nice day in the AFCON. Hit on Senegal DNB +120, Ghana/Senegal O2 (-125), Algeria ML +110 and Algeria/South Africa O2 +105

I love international soccer

Do you just follow international soccer a ton or do you get information from somewhere?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 03:53 PM)
Do you just follow international soccer a ton or do you get information from somewhere?

I follow soccer a ton. I pay attention to the 5 major Euro leagues plus , English Championship, Norway, Eredevisie, MLS and kind of Brazil. But I love international soccer and try to follow as much as possible, even in the under-23/under-20/under-17 ranks. I don't pay that close of attention to Asia or South America, but I love European and African soccer on the international level.

Took

Hornets -5

Wizards -14

Hawks -8

Pacers +10

Bulls ML

I parlayed each game with each game for a total of ten bets. Since the first 3 already happened I won my bet back. Hopefully the pacers cover or bulls win since I'll win 3 parlays on each.

So much for sucking at NBA betting.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 11:12 AM)
Hey shack where do you recommend for sports betting on/near the strip? I'll be there with a group of friends for the sweet 16/elite 8 rounds and last time we bet at Caesars and New York New York, so wondering if there are better places you know of.

Ahh, depends what you like. They are all fairly similar.

Caesars and the SuperBook are really large. If you are in to being able to bet as many different possible things as you can, those are good venues. If you like more of a hip scene, I like the Hard Rock, or the Palms. The new SLS is actually where I bet at and watch games at, since it's conveniently located for me and I have an online account with William Hill. SLS also has a pretty sweet strip-side outdoor bar, which not many people get to since it is on the north end of the Strip.

A place some of the locals go to, which has some pretty good deals and some really nice waitresses is the M, at the 32 degrees sports bar, but that's a good 20 minutes off the Strip. I took some of my friends there for a Sunday during the NFL season, and they loved it.

The good thing is you'll be here for the NCAA tournament, which is a really fun time. You'll be good no matter where you go. Tell me where you guys stay though and I can probably help you out with some other stuff too.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Ahh, depends what you like. They are all fairly similar.

Caesars and the SuperBook are really large. If you are in to being able to bet as many different possible things as you can, those are good venues. If you like more of a hip scene, I like the Hard Rock, or the Palms. The new SLS is actually where I bet at and watch games at, since it's conveniently located for me and I have an online account with William Hill. SLS also has a pretty sweet strip-side outdoor bar, which not many people get to since it is on the north end of the Strip.

A place some of the locals go to, which has some pretty good deals and some really nice waitresses is the M, at the 32 degrees sports bar, but that's a good 20 minutes off the Strip. I took some of my friends there for a Sunday during the NFL season, and they loved it.

The good thing is you'll be here for the NCAA tournament, which is a really fun time. You'll be good no matter where you go. Tell me where you guys stay though and I can probably help you out with some other stuff too.

We went last year during the same time, freakin loved it so were trying to do it annually now. We'll be at the MGM Sig this time, got a really good deal via AirBnb (we stayed at the Elara last year but the cost went up a lot for their suites which was too bad since we loved it there).

We'll probably go back to Caesars for the proximity and it was a decent place to bet, but I'm sure we'll be out more for the games this year (Elara had these 8ft projection tvs in the living room that made watching games amazing if we werent already out). But we'll have to check out Hard Rock, we didn't really go there last time so sounds like it'd be a good one.

Let me know if you have any other recommendations, really appreciate it!