Sox claim Alen Hanson

Feeky Magee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
Yet more sickening disrespect of Eddy Alvarez

Yah, nothing more exciting than a guy OPSing .692 in his 2nd trip through AA as 27 year old!!

Alan Hanson is a guy everyone on here wanted a few years back in a trade. Trying to think of who it was we were looking to move at the time at Pittsburgh was rumored as interested. Peavy maybe?

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:18 PM)
Yah, nothing more exciting than a guy OPSing .692 in his 2nd trip through AA as 27 year old!!

Alan Hanson is a guy everyone on here wanted a few years back in a trade. Trying to think of who it was we were looking to move at the time at Pittsburgh was rumored as interested. Peavy maybe?

Probably Peavy, yeah.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
Yet more sickening disrespect of Eddy Alvarez

How do you come to this conclusion?

This looks like a guy for AAA who could fill in if something were to happen to a middle infielder now. Alvarez would not be ready until next year or a Sept call up this year at best.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)

Glasnow, Hanson and Kingham for Peavy was the board favorite.

Also, I read Alec instead of Alen and was very confused.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 03:18 PM)
Does he go on the 25 man roster or minors

Believe he has to go through waivers to go to the minors...which I doubt would be a problem since it seems highly unlikely intone would carry him on their majors roster.

Don't see how this is anything anyone could possibly be upset about though. Just a possible reclamation project to have in the minors. This is the type of thing bad teams should do.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:20 PM)
AAA I assume. He is out of options, so may as well start him there.

Maybe not. Didn't realize he spent at year in on the big league club. So in order to get him to AAA, pretty sure Sox would have to expose him to waivers as well.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:23 PM)
Maybe not. Didn't realize he spent at year in on the big league club. So in order to get him to AAA, pretty sure Sox would have to expose him to waivers as well.

All though to be fair, if the Sox won the claim, that means he got through the entire NL, plus almost all of the AL as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
All though to be fair, if the Sox won the claim, that means he got through the entire NL, plus almost all of the AL as well.

Dont the Sox have the worst record in the AL? Meaning he got through the whole NL, but none of the AL.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)

Was being mostly sarcastic but just for fun:

Eddy Alvarez career minors: .284/.380/.403

Alen Hanson career minors: .281/.340/.435

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
At the time he was waived, there probably was a team or 2 worse in the AL. But your point stands.

Yep. Curious to see what the Sox do here. Could always just option Willy Garcia. Or Minaya. Or Infante. There are lots of options.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
I'm guess W. Garcia or Engel go back to Charlotte.

I'll go with this one. They currently have five outfielders, and I bet they want Engel to go back and get more PT.

I don't think this is related to Alvarez, or Peter, though neither are exactly beating down the door anyway (though Alvarez has been improving).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
I'll go with this one. They currently have five outfielders, and I bet they want Engel to go back and get more PT.

I don't think this is related to Alvarez, or Peter, though neither are exactly beating down the door anyway (though Alvarez has been improving).

Engel does make the most sense. He has been playing the least.