Cheers To The Southside by Mark Buehrle

knightni

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:18 PM)
Don't know if any Sox fan will be able to read that without a smile on their face

I will definitely shed some tears tomorrow. I did at PK's final game and the number retiring.

Definitely grew up at a prime time to be a fan (I'm 26 and started I guess becoming a fan late 90s).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 06:18 PM)
Don't know if any Sox fan will be able to read that without a smile on their face

Or a little tear. There is one of him taking care of the rookies on Toronto's team that is a really awesome story as well. Took all the rookies and bought each two tailored suits when they got to NY city. I can't figure how to link it.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:47 AM)
I will definitely shed some tears tomorrow. I did at PK's final game and the number retiring.

Definitely grew up at a prime time to be a fan (I'm 26 and started I guess becoming a fan late 90s).

I'm 25 and I gotta agree with you there, we've been lucky to have some greats in front of us pretty much the whole time we've been able to comprehend baseball

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm 25 and I gotta agree with you there, we've been lucky to have some greats in front of us pretty much the whole time we've been able to comprehend baseball

We mostly had entertaining seasons growing up if you think about. The 2000s they were competitive just about every year.

I'm 27 but I started following them regularly in 2004. Pretty fortunate timing with what happened the next year. It's too bad though that I missed all of Frank's prime years. Same with Jordan and the Bulls in that regard, born just a little bit too late to really appreciate both of them.

That was such a great article. I love everything about that guy. Everybody, in fact, should pitch as he did. EVERYBODY. Get the ball and throw it like you mean it. He didn't delay at all. He got the ball and delivered it immediately. Hope the weather is perfect and he has a great weekend. Except for those old, old timers and Sale I guess, he's the best pitcher in Sox history.

Fantastic. Easily one of my all time favorite players and his number getting retired is so well deserve. I was grinning from ear to ear reading through those stories (and having it reflash back all the great memories I have of watching Buerhle with the Sox).

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
That's what I thought too. My recollection was that he hated all of that rookie hazing bs.

That type of stuff is absolutely hilarious. Of course some go too far but in baseball they have so much time to kill with the amount of travels that it really does make the time go.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)

26 as well and couldn't agree more.

MB, the hurt, PK, 05. Some of this franchises finest hours and players.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:47 PM)

I'm 24 and I took for granted watching PK and Buehrle play, I actually really miss watching Mark pitch.

I am actually from the Jeffco area (where he went to school), a lot of people at my high school go to Jeffco after high school so it is crazy that a guy from that college, drafted that late and succeeded that well with my favorite team. My grandma's cousin knew someone who was good friends with Buehrle and she was able to get me a signed ball for my high school graduation, one of the best gifts I have ever received.