When the Sox are ready to contend in 2019/2020, who is the manager?

soxfan49

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 04:48 PM)
Why? Getting swept by a team with the worst record in the American league, and his team looking mentally unprepared?

The Sox talent level is near the bottom of MLB. If anything they've over-achieved this year so far.

The way he runs a bullpen is mind boggling. If Robin was still here, the pitchforks would be out, but they aren't trying to win, so you might as well keep him around and hope with more talent his decisions make more sense. If not launch him then. At this point he is fine.

I feel bad for Alen Hanson. His kids are going to be teased about their father being PH for by Kevan Smith.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
The way he runs a bullpen is mind boggling. If Robin was still here, the pitchforks would be out, but they aren't trying to win, so you might as well keep him around and hope with more talent his decisions make more sense. If not launch him then. At this point he is fine.

I feel bad for Alen Hanson. His kids are going to be teased about their father being PH for by Kevan Smith.

No manager is perfect, even ones that win world series'. Many fans have griped over the way Maddon ran his team in the world series, and even this season, and hes a top of the line manager, or considered to be. Ozzie had his share of haters too. Let Ricky manage. He's great for this team and fits perfectly with the Spanish speaking players. No one better to run this team in my opinion.

Right, every fan base has gripes about their manager. I'm sure Yankees fans had their qualms with Torre, and Cardinals' fans with LaRussa. I'm not going to defend him, but it's best for him to work things out now while the team is rebuilding.

And after 2019, or whatever, he's seen better as a developmental manager than a competitive one then just get someone else.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)

Totally agree

Does Renteria or Cooper handle the pitching staff. I was under the impression that under Robin, Coop did?

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 09:59 PM)
This may sound really crazy and out there, but Mark Buehrle may be our manager. Don't know why, but I have a feeling in my gut it'll be someone close to JR, if he still owns the team.

I don't think Mark would have any interest in managing. Now, Konerko, maybe. But I hated the Robin hiring, and I wouldn't want Paulie either. Experience matters.

Edited by Al Lopez's Ghost

It's easy to be down on Renteria after the June swoon. It's possible he is not responsible for this. In any case, I think Renteria will have 3- 5 years like Ventura had, but we shall see.

In the meantime, Renetria should probably put Davidson at third and get a guy that makes good contact to replace Frazier in the middle of the order.

Edited by miracleon35th