AAP: Brad Salgado

Spent this past weekend at Camelback Ranch and I have to tell you, the new batch of A and high A Sox players are HUGE! I dont think I saw a player below 6'3" all weekend.

Anyway, after being asked to pick his Kannapolis jersey number, the White Sox brass has decided to extend Salgado's spring training and send him to Great Falls to start the season. He had a great spring training but probably because of his age (19), they want him to get more at bats and playing time. Neither of which he would probably get in Kannapolis.

Probably best for the long term development.

QUOTE (newsoxfan @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 04:21 PM)
Spent this past weekend at Camelback Ranch and I have to tell you, the new batch of A and high A Sox players are HUGE! I dont think I saw a player below 6'3" all weekend.

I remember people mentioning that during drafts the last couple years. They've certainly trended towards the very tall players.

• 1 year later...

Just a quick update on Salgado.....Brad showed a big increase in his power at the plate this spring and batted over .350 for the entire time. Because his Bristol season was less than stellar last year with a below par average and an elevated strikeout total it was nice to see that the old Brad was back at the plate. His play at SS was solid as usual. His spring was extended again this year and last week he took a high fastball to the back of his left hand. Yep....broken. He'll be in a cast for 4 weeks and a splint and rehab after that. His dad told me that it sounds like he will be fine but it puts a damper on an otherwise great spring.

• 1 month later...

Brad got his cast removed a couple of weeks ago and the hand is feeling normal. He was sent to Great Falls out of extended and will be starting at SS and batting 8th tonight in the Voyagers opening day in Helena.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Good numbers as a reliever at low-A Kanny in 2015 (3.69 ERA 5 SV 75.2 IP /49 K 1.26 WHIP)

But, he's a converted pitcher, 24, and hasn't even pitched in high-A ball yet.

Possible AA as a 25 year old in 2016; who knows if or when he'll make the majors.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Good numbers as a reliever at low-A Kanny in 2015 (3.69 ERA 5 SV 75.2 IP /49 K 1.26 WHIP)

But, he's a converted pitcher, 24, and hasn't even pitched in high-A ball yet.

Possible AA as a 25 year old in 2016; who knows if or when he'll make the majors.

He got released.