Crosstown Cup Game Thread, Game 3

Congratulations to da Chicago White Sox for clinching da CROSSTOWN CUP last nite!

DON'T STOP NOW BOYS! SWEEP DA CUBS!

Anthony Ranaudo (1-0, 17.18 / AAA: 5-3, 3.20) vs. Jason Hammel (9-5, 3.35)

(replacement for Jacob Turner)

First pitch: 7:05 PM Central Daylight Time

July 27, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Chicago Cubs

Stadium: Wrigley Field

Announcers: Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone (White Sox), Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies (Cubs), ? (ESPN)

Chicago Cubs Leadoff Man: 6:30 PM Central / 7:30 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time: 7:00 PM Central / 8:00 PM Eastern *

White Sox telecast

Cable / satellite: Comcast SportsNet Chicago

re-airs: Thursday 12:30 AM (CSN), Thursday 5:00 AM (CSN+), Thursday 1:00 PM (CSN)

Cubs telecast

11 over-the-air stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (The CW)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Fort Wayne WISE-TV, Channel 33-2 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23-2 (this TV)

Quincy / Hannibal WGEM-TV Quincy, Channel 10-2 (The CW)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-2 (Antenna TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Des Moines KCWI-TV Ames, Channel 23 (The CW)

National telecast

Cable / satellite: ESPN (out-of-market only)

re-air: Thursday 2:30 AM

Edited by InTheDriversSeat

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whatever happens tonight or any other night from now until the trade deadline shouldnt change a damn thing. That is probably the most frustrating thing about our FO. They do everything on the fly instead of knowing what works and doesnt as they see things happen over time. Instead they have the mindset of we will see what happens today until we determine the next 4 years, like today should overshadow the past 4 seasons. They lack vision for the future and only live for today which is obviously a reflection of the owner.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)
Difficult task for Ranaudo, as the cubs take a lot of pitches. He really needs command tonight.

Yeah, this will the downfall if he struggles. Will be interesting to see if anything he learned this time in the minors sticks or if he reverts to Nuke Laloosh and hits the mascot.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
Indians and Red Sox both lost today. The Sox can pull within 7 of the division and 5.5 of the second wild card with a win tonight. Unlike most on this board I haven't given up hope yet.

I haven't given up hope. I still won't unless they trade either Quintana or Sale. This entire lineup has underperformed to career norms (a few are pretty close) except Cabrera. As long as the pitching continues fairly consistent, they have a shot. It is unlikely but i haven't given up all hope.

My first post, be nice.

We already won the crosstown cup and Cub fans are puking. I'm hoping for a loss tonight and tomorrow with Sale getting a no decision. A sweep here would give Keeny and Rick an excuse to not sell and pretend they are contenders. Sell them all!

QUOTE (CregerMax @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 12:36 AM)
My first post, be nice.

We already won the crosstown cup and Cub fans are puking. I'm hoping for a loss tonight and tomorrow with Sale getting a no decision. A sweep here would give Keeny and Rick an excuse to not sell and pretend they are contenders. Sell them all!

First post! I would print it out and frame it as I can. Congrats

Edited by elrockinMT