Official World Baseball Classic Thread

Balta1701

Well, this is probably one way of annoying MR. Selig.

The Yankees displayed a sign by the customer service booth on the main concourse, explaining it wasn't their fault Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Johnny Damon and Bernie Williams had departed for the World Baseball Classic.

"Thank you for expressing your concerns," the sign stated. "We are sorry that certain players will not be present for portions of spring training. These players have elected to participate in the World Baseball Classic. The World Baseball Classic is an event sanctioned by the commissioner of Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association. The New York Yankees did not vote to support this event. Any comments you have regarding the World Baseball Classic should be directed to the commissioner of Major League Baseball or the Major League Baseball Players Association."

Supposedly the sign has come down after Selig complained.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What right does Selig have to make the Yanks take down THAT sign? There isn't anything demeaning in the message, and it's on Yanks property. I hope this damn WBC bombs and Selig looks like an ass, what a prick. And you MUST be a prick if you have me defending King George and his band of merry man like this.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
He's getting praised by the announcers

Harold Reynolds said Marte was "effective in the postseason" and "I dont know why the White Sox soured on him" once again showing how little the baseball tonight crew follows baseball