Garcia cleared for baseball activity

Heads22

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:22 PM)
His plan is to come back ASAP. Theirs WAS to sit out all year. He's making them think. Dude is a beast.

I'll take it. As long as part of his rehab assignment is how to not land awkwardly while diving for balls haha.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
I'll take it. As long as part of his rehab assignment is how to not land awkwardly while diving for balls haha.

With the current trajectory of this team, hopefully there are some DH at bats for him somewhere or he can just statue out in RF.

Goodbye, DeAza...nice knowing you. Or Dunn. Whatever.

It would be better to see him limited to DH duties, imo, although they'd have to talk to Paulie....Konerko's wishes shouldn't get in the way of preparing Avisail to hit the ground running in 2015.

Unless you're Victor Martinez, and even then it took him 1/2 season plus...it's important to maintain your timing as a hitter, so not losing the entire season is amazing news.

Wonder if they plan on letting him play "unsupervised" in Venezuela for winter ball?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
Goodbye, DeAza...nice knowing you.

Or Dunn. Whatever. It would be better to see him limited to DH duties, imo, although they'd have to talk to Paulie....Konerko's wishes shouldn't get in the way of preparing Avisail to hit the ground running in 2015.

I'm sure PK doesn't even care. He doesn't wanna be a full time player.

There's sure to be a hole or 2 opening up for him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
I'm sure PK doesn't even care. He doesn't wanna be a full time player.

There's sure to be a hole or 2 opening up for him.

PK wishes he was in scottsdale on the golf course at this point. The farewell tour isnt even being acknowledged by anyone.

I'd imagine they're looking to trade De Aza and/or Viciedo to make room for Garcia, assuming they want him back in the majors. If there are no takers I would love a platoon, with Garcia taking over RF (maybe LF when Tank plays).

I'm worried about him re-injuring himself though, and ruining his career. I suppose the Sox doctors know better than me, but still. One of the highlights of the next couple seasons for me is watching Garcia grow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:26 PM)
I wouldnt be shocked if he got hurt for awhile, but no.

Is Konerko already being asked to be part of the coaching staff in the future...or one of those, "give it a year or so and see how you feel" things where they're leaving the door open, like with Thome/Ventura, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
Is Konerko already being asked to be part of the coaching staff in the future...or one of those, "give it a year or so and see how you feel" things where they're leaving the door open, like with Thome/Ventura, etc.

No clue