Is Ventura the worst manager in the history of MLB?

sin city sox fan

Robin cost us another game today with his idiotic moves and its getting frustrating.

As I noted in yesterday's game thread, I feel he's personally cost us at least 15 games this season. Instead of having the best record in baseball, we are struggling to reach .500.

If he's not the worst, he has to be in the bottom 5 of all time.

I really hope this organization realizes that in the final months of season and makes a change before opening day 2015.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
Robin cost us another game today with his idiotic moves and its getting frustrating.

As I noted in yesterday's game thread, I feel he's personally cost us at least 15 games this season. Instead of having the best record in baseball, we are struggling to reach .500.

I really hope this organization realizes that in the final months of season and makes a change before opening day 2015.

Oh shut the f*** up. This was a 99 loss team last year. Like they can just go to being an elite team in less than a year.

Ventura won 85 games in 2012. Were you b****ing then?

There are some games where I agree robin messed up. This is one of those games where his correct decisions didn't work out so children convince themselves they were incorrect decisions by a stupid baby idiot

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)

Not worse than this thread ;)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
There are some games where I agree robin messed up. This is one of those games where his correct decisions didn't work out so children convince themselves they were incorrect decisions by a stupid baby idiot

Look, the OP is way over the top. But, in no universe is batting DeAza there a correct decision.

Guy's got an army of publicists here. I tried.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 09:11 PM)

1a4.jpg

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
Ventura's really bad strategically. He would have been a lot, lot better had he spent 5 years on a ML bench, managing in the minors, or something.

This. 15 games in a season is ridiculous, of course, but somewhere between 2 to 5 games isn't. Many, many playoff appearances , or lack thereof, are decided by such margins.

This team can't afford any handicaps beyond a mediocre roster.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
Ventura's really bad strategically. He would have been a lot, lot better had he spent 5 years on a ML bench, managing in the minors, or something.

Or posting on message boards. We know all the answers and can tell you what should have been done the moment the play ends. It is funny people who say lack of experience is the problem have all the answers with less experience.