WHITE SOX WINNER!

Jose Abreu

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Flowers is having good at-bats, even when he strikes out. He fouled off some tough pitches, including high fastballs tonight, and those are things he didn't do before The Magic Glasses.

I don't think he's all of a sudden going to be a solid or even average hitter, but... maybe? I can hope, right?

QUOTE (almagest @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 03:32 AM)
Tyler Flowers is having good at-bats, even when he strikes out. He fouled off some tough pitches, including high fastballs tonight, and those are things he didn't do before The Magic Glasses.

I don't think he's all of a sudden going to be a solid or even average hitter, but... maybe? I can hope, right?

Flowers' batting average is currently acceptable. Kudos to him. Hope he keeps it up.

What a great win again. Hopefully the Sox can win this series. They've been patsies to Detroit for way too long now.

The Sox are one 8-10 game win streak from being wild card contenders. Somehow the s*** Royals put together a 10 gamer. I don't think it's in the Sox, but the Sox have enough good players to stay within a hair of .500 all year, right?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
33-22 to win 85 games, and hope to get a TON of help.

.600 ball. Yeah, probably not.

Highly unlikely, but crazier s*** has happened.

When is Garcia going to be back? Him in RF, with a De Aza/Viciedo platoon in LF, and hopefully Semien replacing Beckham at 2B gets us back to where we were earlier this year and a much stronger lineup IMO.

The rotation and bullpen is another story though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
Highly unlikely, but crazier s*** has happened.

When is Garcia going to be back? Him in RF, with a De Aza/Viciedo platoon in LF, and hopefully Semien replacing Beckham at 2B gets us back to where we were earlier this year and a much stronger lineup IMO.

The rotation and bullpen is another story though.

Ya, if Semien/Garcia can come back and be the players we hope things could get a little interesting. Also getting Linstrom and hopefully Jones back could stabilize the pen a bit more.

I agree it's unlikely, but like you said crazier s*** has happened.

At the very least the Sox are showing potential FAs that they're a few pieces away from being legit.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 10:39 PM)
33-22 to win 85 games, and hope to get a TON of help.

.600 ball. Yeah, probably not.

Yea, 85 is pushing it. I'd think 87 for 2nd WC I don't think historically you have the 5th best team in the league win only 85.

That said, they need to play like .620 ball to have a chance -- not happening. Very happy with the progress and would be thrilled to win 85 but it's such a longshot I don't think you plan for it (aka being anything other than sellers this week).

At the very least the Sox are showing potential FAs that they're a few pieces away from being legit.

Yep, and JR too.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Sox are only -10 in differential. This time last year they were, wait for it...

wait for it ...

63 run improvement. Good job Hahn. More of the same please.

Eaton now "quietly up to .289, his BABIB is always going to be high as long as he's healthy and that will allow him to consistantly hit around 280-300 imo. Defense is solid in CF and baserunning while not that good certainly isn't a negative. Overall around a 3-5 war player (again, if healthy, big if but the risk was def worth taking).

Flowers dead cat bounce dude is still ideally a backup but kudos for not completely catering which brings me to ...

Beckham. Go away. 225 .271 .358 his career OPS now .686 and his OPS+ is 84. It's 75 this year (Darwin Barney levels folks). If he was an elite defender ok whatever, but he's not, he's a solid defender and a putrid hitter. Not a good overall player. Flowers because of positional scaritude is more valuable and should be kept around at least as a backup, but not Gordon. Ditto Viciedo although there is no rush to trade him unlike Gordon he isn't due a raise. Maybe they will just waive Gordon at some point.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
Sox are only -10 in differential. This time last year they were, wait for it...

wait for it ...

63 run improvement. Good job Hahn. More of the same please.

Beckham. Go away. 225 .271 .358 his career OPS now .686 and his OPS+ is 84. It's 75 this year (Darwin Barney levels folks). If he was an elite defender ok whatever, but he's not, he's a solid defender and a putrid hitter. Not a good overall player. Flowers because of positional scaritude is more valuable and should be kept around at least as a backup, but not Gordon. Ditto Viciedo although there is no rush to trade him unlike Gordon he isn't due a raise. Maybe they will just waive Gordon at some point.

Trading Gordon now would give Semien/Micah some good experience at 2B.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
Eaton now "quietly up to .289, his BABIB is always going to be high as long as he's healthy and that will allow him to consistantly hit around 280-300 imo. Defense is solid in CF and baserunning while not that good certainly isn't a negative.

Could you please explain this? Eaton's baserunning is not that good? I'm thinking the exact opposite.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 11:21 PM)
Trading Gordon now would give Semien/Micah some good experience at 2B.

Our best shot to move him is probably in August. We saw what little trade value he has when Darwin Barney was a better option.

QUOTE (1dog @ Jul 30, 2014 -> 12:06 AM)
Could you please explain this? Eaton's baserunning is not that good? I'm thinking the exact opposite.

Think he means the SB/CS numbers. 10-for-16 isn't great.