Injecting Chicken Breasts

ChiliIrishHammock24

So I just did this yesterday for the first time in years. I was googling what techniques or sauces other people use, and I happen to find my old post from a different forum 6 years ago. So here are my instructions from when I was 16.....

Does anyone here inject chicken?? I do it every now and then, and its the best chicken you will ever have.

There are a few differnt things I inject. BBQ, Hickory BBQ, Lemon Garlic, Lemon Butter Garlic, Terriyaki, and the occasional steriods. You inject the thawed uncooked chicken breast with a special syringe. I heard Barry Bonds has a few extra's if you need em.

Items Needed:

sm1050775.jpg

A couple jars of flavoring sauce.

And of course boneless, skinless, chicken breast.

Now that you having your materials, here are the steps that I have made.

1. Wash your hands before injecting chicken.

2. Pour whatever flavoring you want into a cup of some sort. Just pour the amount you think you might need, not the whole jar. You do this so that way you dont mix the good sauce, with the chicken that might have sellamanilla (sp?).

3. Place how ever many breasts into a bowl that you would like. Make sure its a big bowl.

4. Grab a piece of thawed chicken breast in your hand, and with the other hand, inject the chicken in the thick parts of the meat. Slowly do so all over the chicken, stop injecting in that spot when the juices start to leak out.

5. Continue to do this, and refill the syringe as needed. Make sure to be getting the suaces from the different cup, not the jar itself.

6. Once you have all your chicken injected, place on the grill.

7. After the chicken is about half way done cooking, drizzle the excess sauce onto the chicken breast. NEVER PUT SUACE BACK INTO JAR. DUMP IT IF YOU MUST.

8. Make sure to wash hands, and wash out the syringe as well. You dont want any uncooked chicken diseases left on there.

9. Remove chicken from grill and eat.

10. Clean up when done. And there you have a tasty, juicy, great chicken. Make some mashed potatoes to go with it, and you will be very very thankful you read this.

I make this about once or twice a month, and everyone goes crazy for it. You dont need any kind of suace with the chicken, because the suace is already cooked inside the chicken. Think of the McGriddle at McDonalds. The syrup is in the bun.

I used to have special injecting sauces, but now I just use whatever we have in our fridge. Frank's Red Hot is a great one to use. Barbeque sauces can be done, but they are thicker and can be hard to get through the syringe.

This is the sauces we originally used, and the syringes we use. Not very expensive either. You can get a whole kit of stuff for $20.

http://www.cajuninjector.com/cajun-injector-marinades.html

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
fortunately the chicken comes with steroids already included!

as for flavor injecting? seems like way too much work when you can just... put the sauce on top...

In a sense yes, but using this method, the sauce cooks in to the meat, whereas saucing the top of it, the sauce sits on top of the meat. It really makes the meat very juicy. I saw a video online of a guy doing this with cherry Dr. Pepper, and that looked interesting.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
fortunately the chicken comes with steroids already included!

as for flavor injecting? seems like way too much work when you can just... put the sauce on top...

...or marinade.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
In a sense yes, but using this method, the sauce cooks in to the meat, whereas saucing the top of it, the sauce sits on top of the meat. It really makes the meat very juicy. I saw a video online of a guy doing this with cherry Dr. Pepper, and that looked interesting.

For some reason, the cherry Dr. Pepper doesn't sound appealing. Probably better than it sounds...but ew.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 12, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
For some reason, the cherry Dr. Pepper doesn't sound appealing. Probably better than it sounds...but ew.

Going to have to go ahead and agree with this.

Injecting chicken? Not something I'd heard of before, but sounds interesting. I like to try random stuff with food.

Does much of the sauce actually stay in the meat, though? I would've thought it would just ooze back out once the syringe was removed.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 04:02 AM)
Injecting chicken? Not something I'd heard of before, but sounds interesting. I like to try random stuff with food.

Does much of the sauce actually stay in the meat, though? I would've thought it would just ooze back out once the syringe was removed.

If you squeeze/push down on the thing you're grilling, you'll push everything out.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:00 AM)
I don't even like Dr. Pepper, I was just interested in the idea of it. Here is his video....

I've done slow-cooker pork with dr. pepper before with other spices. There's so much sugar in the drink that it's basically just taking the place of adding some brown sugar in a rub. It's tasty.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 03:02 AM)

Some of it does ooze out of the meat, but a lot of it stays in. It's why you want to inject from the top of the meat, so gravity helps a little.