Braves among teams showing interest in chris sale

Whisox05

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides swanson not much position player wise in top 10. Mostly all pitchers. Would rather deal came from dodgers or boston with more position player depth. Plus side just adds another team going after sale. Could be nice bidding war

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/mids...3V4MiHDLd9g2.97

Dansby Swanson...SS

Obviously, we already have Anderson. Not sure that trading all those guys like Albies, Newcomb, Allard, Soroka, Toussaint, Fried, etc., makes sense for them.

They have a lot of young pitching talent, but the White Sox need the opposite. Foltynewicz is another name to watch who has a ton of upside, but mixed results so far. Demeritte who came over from TEX is their big power bat right now.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
Besides swanson not much position player wise in top 10. Mostly all pitchers. Would rather deal came from dodgers or boston with more position player depth. Plus side just adds another team going after sale. Could be nice bidding war

Agree. Braves don't have the an upper echelon pitcher or hitter to headline. I find it hard to believe they would trade Swanson when they are in a rebuild.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:08 AM)
Yeah, I don't see Braves as an ideal partner. For me, a package would have to be around Inciarte, Swanson, and Albies, but that's still on the light side.

Inciarte is Eaton Lite. He's not going to put up huge offensive numbers, but should always be between 2.5-4.0 in the WAR category.

He's a lot more valuable in a bigger outfield than G-Rate.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:11 AM)
I agree. It's nice to have another team interested though

I guarantee that every team is interested in Chris Sale- interest isn't the issue. One thing I find interesting is that Boston has not been mentioned by beat writers lately, but the Dodgers and Braves have. Could mean something, could mean nothing.

http://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-bra...m-serious-time/

"The Atlanta Braves have joined the Chris Sale derby in a big way and are among the teams trying hardest to land one of baseball’s best pitchers.

The White Sox listened to offers at the July trade deadline for Sale, but rival teams seem to believe there is a greater likelihood than ever that Sale will be dealt this winter. The White Sox are said to be listening on co-ace Jose Quintana and just about all their veteran players, including Todd Frazier and Melky Cabrera, who are free agents after the year."

For people saying that can't see sale being traded its pretty telling when when teams apparently trying pretty hard plus its the offsesson when more teams can bid

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
I wish we could fast forward a month and see what kind of moves (if any) have happened.

Naw this part is the most fun. Plus it's early November, need at least a month of interest.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Interest isn't the issue. It's getting that one team to give you what you want for Sale.

Odds are they should get that. There are a bunch of teams that Sale would put over the top to win now. We're not that.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 08:25 AM)
I could see it getting done for a package revolving around Albies, Maitan, and a couple high ceiling arms

I don't think so. They need hitters in a Sale deal. The Braves don't have an Andrew Benintendi or Cody Bellinger without giving up Swanson.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 15, 2016 -> 09:00 AM)
I'm confused about Braves team makeup. Doesn't seem like they are on the cusp of contention that I expected for a trade like this. Glad they are involved but confused by this one.

They want to compete in their new stadium. Just signed RA Dickey and Bartolo Colon- so they're pulling a White Sox.