• Pittsburgh Pirates
    • Texas Rangers
    • A team not listed, please post it
    • Chris Sale is a White Sox on opening day

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've pondered where he goes for months it seems like. I was thinking Boston all along but then always thought the Dodgers may pony up and the Sox send him to the NL. However, I think LA trades for Kinsler and the Sox go for Boston's top hitting prospect package.

Red Sox:

Chris Sale-LHP

Nate Jones-RP

White Sox:

Eduardo Rodriguez-LHP

Andrew Benintendi-CF

Michael Kopech-RHP

Rafael Devers-3B

Christian Vazquez-C (I'd take him over Swihart because Vazquez can at least play the position and is really good defensively.)

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
I've pondered where he goes for months it seems like. I was thinking Boston all along but then always thought the Dodgers may pony up and the Sox send him to the NL. However, I think LA trades for Kinsler and the Sox go for Boston's top hitting prospect package.

Red Sox:

Chris Sale-LHP

Nate Jones-RP

White Sox:

Eduardo Rodriguez-LHP

Andrew Benintendi-CF

Michael Kopech-RHP

Rafael Devers-3B

Christian Vazquez-C (I'd take him over Swihart because Vazquez can at least play the position and is really good defensively.)

That package seems way too light if both Sale and Jones are included, IMO.

The more I think about it, Dodgers are going to pony up because Frazier being thrown in the deal. I think the Dodgers are going to let Turner walk and get a compensatory pick and then factor in possibly getting another pick the following year for Frazier. That will help with the load of talent they will lose in this deal. Having Kershaw and Sale would be very scary to the NL during the playoffs. Wouldn't have to go the 3 man rotation anymore during the playoffs.

Sox had better get a real good haul for Sale or you just don't trade him. I'm thinking Sale and Frazier to the Dodgers for Seager, De Leon and Puig. Seager and De Leon are good young pieces to build on and from the Dodgers standpoint: Sale and Kershaw, are you kidding? They'd maybe be able to beat the Cubs next year, they'd have to be tempted even giving up Seager.

It is my own opinion that one young star position player in exchange for Chris Sale would be more valuable than several top prospects. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I would ask the Washington Nationals if they would trade Trea Turner and a pitching prospect for Sale. That is a trade that would change the team immediately as well as for several years to come.

Edited by miracleon35th

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
It is my own opinion that one young star position player in exchange for Chris Sale would be more valuable than several top prospects. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I would ask the Washington Nationals if they would trade Trea Turner and a pitching prospect for Sale. That is a trade that would change the team immediately as well as for several years to come.

Turner Robles golitoa and others for sale

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
Sox had better get a real good haul for Sale or you just don't trade him. I'm thinking Sale and Frazier to the Dodgers for Seager, De Leon and Puig. Seager and De Leon are good young pieces to build on and from the Dodgers standpoint: Sale and Kershaw, are you kidding? They'd maybe be able to beat the Cubs next year, they'd have to be tempted even giving up Seager.

I really doubt it the dodgers give up seager for sale.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)

Seager isn't getting traded.

Trea Turner isn't either.

I think Sale will go to Boston and I think Q will go to the Dodgers. I see Q to the Dodgers because they will find a way to get him without giving up Urias (still a strong package) and they are the type of front office who will truly appreciate how good of a pitcher Q is. Sale will go to the Red Sox because when push comes to shove, Dombrowski has the chips and wants to win and knows that Sale will help him do that in the near-term (and he isn't afraid to best other teams offers, when all is set and done).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
I think Sale will go to Boston and I think Q will go to the Dodgers. I see Q to the Dodgers because they will find a way to get him without giving up Urias (still a strong package) and they are the type of front office who will truly appreciate how good of a pitcher Q is. Sale will go to the Red Sox because when push comes to shove, Dombrowski has the chips and wants to win and knows that Sale will help him do that in the near-term (and he isn't afraid to best other teams offers, when all is set and done).

If we don't get moncada and andrew bentrilln no deal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

This is why I think having braves in the mix is great for sox. Overall, I think it is less likely to work with just a bidding war between LAD and BOS, I think those teams are more likely to say "meh we can wait and see what else comes up".

The cubs really put a wrinkle in this by keeping baez, russel, et all instead of trading for areas of need. All are going to consider that now.

But a team like braves that needs to make a big play for fans will keep them honest.