How would you feel emotionally if/when Sale is traded?

How would you feel if/when Sale is traded?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if/when Sale is traded?

• Ecstatic. You couldn't be happier to have the cancer off the team.
    • Somewhat happy, and hopeful that the return will be worth it.
    • Indifferent. You loved Sale, but are also open to a new chapter.
    • Sad. You loved Sale and hate to see him leave, even if it's for the best.
    • Very sad. You'll be in tears because he's gone.
    • An emotional wreck. You'll sob for weeks and never go outside again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be stages of grief. It will be exciting at first, it could be disappointing at first, but sad will come last. Appreciate the hell out of what he's done and the .gifs of him with a wipeout slider hitting the batter while they swing for strike 3. But, we are where we are.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 04:08 PM)
It will be stages of grief. It will be exciting at first, it could be disappointing at first, but sad will come last. Appreciate the hell out of what he's done and the .gifs of him with a wipeout slider hitting the batter while they swing for strike 3. But, we are where we are.

I like this post. Of course I'll be sad once it happens, but the level of sadness depends on who the Sox get in return. If the Sox get Benintendi and several other good prospects? I'll only be a little upset. If the Sox don't get a blue chip prospect at all? I'll be very, very sad.

I'd be ecstatic, because I think it would be the Sox front office taking us in the direction we need to be. That said, I will miss Chris Sale the pitcher and will think back and wonder how we weren't able to put a competitive team around a core of guys that are really fantastic. Not a lot of teams have the type of high production, low contract talent that we have. Just happens to be the areas where we don't have talent, we really don't have talent. Combination of an all star team and a AA/AAA team.

QUOTE (Jimmy3Putt @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
I long for the days when men didn't ask each other "how they feel emotionally."

That's awesome.

We root for laundry, and Sale isn't likable enough for me to care. Get good players that can win 90+ games without PEDs, and if they're cool dudes like Todd Frazier, then all the better.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I like this post. Of course I'll be sad once it happens, but the level of sadness depends on who the Sox get in return. If the Sox get Benintendi and several other good prospects? I'll only be a little upset. If the Sox don't get a blue chip prospect at all? I'll be very, very sad.

Same here. I'm generally indifferent to the idea of him leaving.

If the return is good, I'll be happy, but if I don't like what we get for him, I'll be ANGRY, not sad.

I guess the way I'll feel when it happens (and now that McCann and Reddick are off the table it will) is that only the White Sox could be forced to trade a generational type talent because ownership and the front office were to stupid to put a successful team around him.

Mark

Happy....but nothing to do with the whole Sale is a cancer thing. Just happy because I would have something to look forward to as a Sox fan. Feels like we've been stuck in purgatory for a while now. A fresh start with a fresh crop of young talented players would be very nice. Even if/when they are bad next year, as long as there is progress and a bright future in sight.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Nov 17, 2016 -> 06:18 PM)
I guess the way I'll feel when it happens (and now that McCann and Reddick are off the table it will) is that only the White Sox could be forced to trade a generational type talent because ownership and the front office were to stupid to put a successful team around him.

Mark

And ultimately too cheap. When you have studs locked up for years theoretically it should give you the payroll space to be able to do more , not sign a bunch of garbage.

Love Sale, and I also love it when great Sox players finish out their career in a White Sox uniform. Potential Hall of Famer in the making. The sad reality is that the circumstances have gotten the better of the Sox. You can get a franchise altering deal for Sale. I don't care if Sale is a hothead, and he's definitely not a cancer. He cares about winning. Whatever team that gets him is getting a guy who wants to play in the playoffs SO badly, he probably wants to try to do what Madison Bumgarner has done because he knows he's capable of it.

If Sale is traded, we will always remember him as a White Sox first, even if he wins a championship with another team. I'll always root for him, and be a fan of his. He's one of our own, even if he goes a bit nuts sometimes and cuts up jerseys or talks smack about KW.

Bittersweet will be the emotion. Sad to see him go, happy to see a bunch of fresh new faces giving greater hope for the future of White Sox baseball.

It would be mixed and also dependent on the return. He's been one of the best pitchers in the league and in franchise history, so it's never easy to see that kind of player go...you can end up waiting decades to get another one. With that said, he has never been a player that is super charismatic and of course his actions late last season only made the personal connection weaker. Buehrle wasn't nearly as good of a pitcher but WS or not it was much harder to see him go.