Jose Fernandez rumored to be traded

shysocks

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
I don't see how we could get Fernandez without giving up one of those pitchers, at least.

It's the Marlins, anything is possible. That said, I agree lol. I'd build a package around Fulmer if possible. Quintana is already more proven and on a better contract than Fernandez, so he's out of the question unless the Marlins add.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:44 PM)
It's the Marlins, anything is possible. That said, I agree lol. I'd build a package around Fulmer if possible. Quintana is already more proven and on a better contract than Fernandez, so he's out of the question unless the Marlins add.

Quintana would fit the Marlins, in that he is signed long term and cheap.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 05:32 PM)
Any good player that may be traded, we gotta get.

How about fixing holes at C, 3b, SS, LF, RF, DH and in the pen and in the farm first? Does Fernandez make this a playoff team? He's a 10 game improvement pitcher?

Good gracious.

No kidding! Trade the farm for a young pitcher and still field a team that cannot provide run support all the while complain about the farm being a barren waste land. I don't get it...

Fulmer can't be traded.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
No kidding! Trade the farm for a young pitcher and still field a team that cannot provide run support all the while complain about the farm being a barren waste land. I don't get it...

That's why I talk about hero worship.

That's all this is.

Just get a bunch of "stars", team be damned.

This and Freeman (does anyone look at numbers?) just take the cake.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
That's why I talk about hero worship.

That's all this is.

Just get a bunch of "stars", team be damned.

This and Freeman (does anyone look at numbers?) just take the cake.

Not saying we would trade for Fernandez, just what we would have to give up to get him. To discuss it. I know our needs are on the offensive side of the ball. It's just fun to talk about.