6/25 games

maxjusttyped

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 12:55 PM)
Zavala vs. Collins, discuss...Collins all the way down to .210, Zavala with second homer of the weekend.

Late starts for most games.

The similarities between Yan Gomes and Seby are getting eerie, both were athletic players in college that played multiple positions but ended up being drafted as catchers. Both were drafted later in the draft and not considered top prospects and now both appear to be blocked within their respective systems by top catching prospects. (Gomes was blocked by Travis D'Arnaud in TOR and Zavala being blocked by Collins.) Now I'm not saying that Zavala is going to turn out to be Gomes but they do have a lot of similarities. Hopefully Hahn is smart enough to give Zavala time to develop and even surpass Collins rather than trade him away for peanuts like TOR did with Gomes.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
The similarities between Yan Gomes and Seby are getting eerie, both were athletic players in college that played multiple positions but ended up being drafted as catchers. Both were drafted later in the draft and not considered top prospects and now both appear to be blocked within their respective systems by top catching prospects. (Gomes was blocked by Travis D'Arnaud in TOR and Zavala being blocked by Collins.) Now I'm not saying that Zavala is going to turn out to be Gomes but they do have a lot of similarities. Hopefully Hahn is smart enough to give Zavala time to develop and even surpass Collins rather than trade him away for peanuts like TOR did with Gomes.

Zach Collins isn't blocking anyone at this point.

It may be time to get Collins out from behind the plate and let him concentrate on the offensive part of his game. I think all the work he is putting in at catcher is distracting him from accomplishing what he can at the plate. At least I hope thats why he has struggled.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
It may be time to get Collins out from behind the plate and let him concentrate on the offensive part of his game. I think all the work he is putting in at catcher is distracting him from accomplishing what he can at the plate. At least I hope thats why he has struggled.

No way they abandon Collins defensively at catcher this soon. His value is largely tied to the ability to play passably behind the plate. Only convert him if he proves he absolutely cannot catch.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 04:41 PM)
No way they abandon Collins defensively at catcher this soon. His value is largely tied to the ability to play passably behind the plate. Only convert him if he proves he absolutely cannot catch.

From the sounds of it, his defensive game is what has actually been the best thing about him this year.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 26, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)

Terrible idea.