Jodi Arias

greg775

To the attorneys out there ... do you agree juries in highly publicized cases tend to take it easy on the accused? Is this almost a given when you enter a trial of a highly publicized person that you know it's going to be easy to get the lightest sentence, even an innocent/insanity verdict like I'd assume the creep in the Colorado movie theatre case will get?

The reason I ask is two juries now couldn't decide if Arias deserved the death penalty or should get life. So finally a judge ruled life without parole. Why can't juries go in and pull the trigger so to speak and sentence the violent killer to death or even life without parole? Why does a judge have to do it? Is it human nature? Or is it just that the highly publicized person on trial gets the BEST lawyers who never fail?

Now in cases with no publicity, I'd assume the figures point to many people getting hung out to dry by juries.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 13, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
Im glad this is over so this lady can cease getting the attention that she obviously craves. Put her in her cell, and forget about her

Yeah, I watched a video tour of the jail/compound. Man, what a life she's going to have. I think she gets to shower 3 days a week and go outside maybe 2 days a week. Rest of the time in this little cell. I don't know if they get TV. Maybe they do. Can you imagine how all the days morph together.

You never get to drive anywhere; you never get to go do anything. Just eat, sleep. When you do get a shower it's in some miserable setting. It's probably timed where the water turns off in four minutes or something.

Let her start her new life in obscurity like u said.