Who/what are our trade assets?

TheFutureIsNear

Let's remove Fulmer and Anderson...what left do we honestly have left to trade after them? After those 2 and Spencer Adams does anyone left in our system have any real value elsewhere? And can we trade any kind of pick/international $ that would hold any kind of value in a trade? Just asking because I keep seeing trade as an option to acquire any kind off fairly significant OF piece and then I look at the roster and I come up empty on any kind of realistic trade proposal that doesn't involve Fulmer and Anderson.

So I guess this is a two part thread? Would you trade Fulmer or Anderson at all?

Thank you for starting this thread. I don't know a lot about who the Sox have in the minors aside from the obvious, and those are the ones that the Sox may not be willing to part with. I know there are some very knowledgeable people on this board, so I'm interested in hearing what they have to say.

I will answer the second part of the post and say that I probably would not be willing to trade Fulmer or Anderson for who would be available right now.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

1. Trading away Intl slot money would be pretty dumb, especially with 10 teams out of the big bonus pools this year and the Sox having a chance to rake in some talent.

2. Depends on what you mean by value. Outside Anderson-Fulmer-Adams, no one in the system is an elite talent. They aren't headliners for big pieces. They could help in a package, or maybe get you something decent when grouped together, but not any blockbusters. The Sox certainly have the armament to, say, get one of the Colorado outfielders. But it would also further strip an already-thin system.

I wouldn't trade Fulmer but if for some reason the Sox signed Desmond to a multi-year contract I would be willing to trade Anderson for his OF minor league equivalent or for young team controlled players like Ender Inciarte or Preston Tucker.

Edited by BlackSox13

We don't have a wealth of high end prospects, so we probably don't have the ammo to snare a star, however, we still have guys that could be pieced together similar to the trades that have been made the past couple years.

I would say we have two categories of trade value, high floor depth pieces and raw lottery tickets that other teams would be attracted to

Depth: May, Beck, & Peter

Lotto Ticket: Adams, Michalzcewski, Danish, Guerrero, Adolfo, Zangari, Stephens, & Hickman

Edited by QuickJones81

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)
1. Trading away Intl slot money would be pretty dumb, especially with 10 teams out of the big bonus pools this year and the Sox having a chance to rake in some talent.

2. Depends on what you mean by value. Outside Anderson-Fulmer-Adams, no one in the system is an elite talent. They aren't headliners for big pieces. They could help in a package, or maybe get you something decent when grouped together, but not any blockbusters. The Sox certainly have the armament to, say, get one of the Colorado outfielders. But it would also further strip an already-thin system.

#1 depends on if they can lock up players or if they are already locked in with the teams that are blowing away the caps.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
We don't have a wealth of high end prospects, so we probably don't have the ammo to snare a star, however, we still have guys that could be pieced together similar to the trades that have been made the past couple years.

I would say we have two categories of trade value, high floor depth pieces and raw lottery tickets that other teams would be attracted to

Lotto Ticket: Adams, Michalzcewski, Danish, Guerrero, Adolfo, Zangari, Stephens, & Hickman

Hickman isn't getting traded. He's recovering from TJ and is already raw for a pitcher. He has no trade value, but could turn into something - you hold onto those guys, and no team will value him in any significant way.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
I suggested earlier Jordan Guerrero. Young lefty who had a breakout year in A ball.

Yep, Although I say it with some bias as I've been a Guerrero fan before it became cool. He also seems like a De Los Santos sell high type as well. Danish is solid as well. Engel too.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)

I dont think it is fair to consider Adams or Trey "lottery tickets".

Or really Danish or Guerrero for that matter, although they're closer to that than Adams and Trey.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jan 26, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
I dont think it is fair to consider Adams or Trey "lottery tickets".

Or really Danish or Guerrero for that matter, although they're closer to that than Adams and Trey.

I initially thought that, but then I tried to approach this from the view an outside team looking in. I don't think they would view them much higher than that. Since they're our second tier they get more emotional attachment/value that another club viewing them in a vacuum wouldn't.

imho .... the only blue chipper the sox have is anderson. now whether BA or any other org think highly as we the fans of the sox, that can be debated.

the next group is one other player and maybe by himself, and for me, that would be adams. the the wildcard in this is fulmer, will he be a sp or a pen??? this reason was why i was apprehensive on him and still am. i want him to be a sp soooo bad.

now danish, guerrero, beck, lowry and levers are in the next group of pitchers ..... however what i have learned, and this is still a hard lesson to grasp, my, our opinion on the sox prospects are way different in how another org may value them.

so can a pkg of positional prospects added to a pitching prospect will be enuf????

don't know, but that uncertainty is what make being an armchair GM so much fun. the "what if" possibilities ......