ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty funny that Braun got off on a technicality and went right back to the juice. He really must think he is bulletproof

Have to wonder if this is the end of the road for ARod. A 100 game suspension would make him almost 39 when he came back, no? I don't imagine his suspension would run concurrent with his time on the DL

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
It's pretty funny that Braun got off on a technicality and went right back to the juice. He really must think he is bulletproof

Have to wonder if this is the end of the road for ARod. A 100 game suspension would make him almost 39 when he came back, no? I don't imagine his suspension would run concurrent with his time on the DL

I bet they would let A-Rods DL time count. They let Manny Ramirez's "retirement" time count even though it technically shouldn't have.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
YANKEES have to be VERY CLOSELY looking at ways out of that contract...surely, it will be settled in a courtroom.

At the very least, not paying him for those days under suspension.

Players always lose their pay when they're suspended.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
YANKEES have to be VERY CLOSELY looking at ways out of that contract...surely, it will be settled in a courtroom.

At the very least, not paying him for those days under suspension.

They'd be stupid to not use this opportunity to void that monstrosity of a deal.

This sets up some VERY interesting possibilities.

Reed or Ramirez to the Tigers....

Rios to the Rangers...

Not saying either one would happen. I don't know Detroit's system so well after the top guys, one would assume Ramon Santiago would be playing there in the short-term until they found a better solution.

While I think Braun getting off on a technicality is pretty weak last time around, I dont know if I agree with MLB deciding to ignore write the rules as they go and skip over the 50 game suspension and go straight to the 100 game suspension.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
Screw the Tigers, I'm not trading them s***.

Not saying it WILL happen...but this is Hahn (theoretically), not KW.

If KW was still calling the shots, no way in hell he would concede anything to the Tigers like the Twins did by trading Delmon Young to them.