More MLB names uncovered in Biogenesis investigations

southsider2k5

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 12:45 PM)
If there is any justice in this world one of them is Ortiz.

Let the discussion about asterisked World Series results begin!

My "dream" scenario is Papi and Anibal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
As long as it's not Sale, Abreu, PK, Quintana or Buehrle, it wouldn't really bug me.

I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't even be bothered by any past players even someone like Buehrle. I just don't want any current suspensions, though it'd be quite hilarious if Chris was roiding.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't even be bothered by any past players even someone like Buehrle. I just don't want any current suspensions, though it'd be quite hilarious if Chris was roiding.

That's because you can look at that 2005 team, look at stats, look at career stats, and can pick out some guys that were probably using. It would be far from a shock.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
White Sox players have been pretty unharmed in all of this stuff over the years

The only one that I know of that was even rumored heavily was Ordonez. Keep in mind they were rumors no proof. Besides Canseco of course.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)
That's because you can look at that 2005 team, look at stats, look at career stats, and can pick out some guys that were probably using. It would be far from a shock.

Oh absolutely, I mean the great Pablo Ozuna was using so my whole world was destroyed after that anyways.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 03:30 PM)
Oh absolutely, I mean the great Pablo Ozuna was using so my whole world was destroyed after that anyways.

They found that Chris Widger was using performance enhancing drugs (crushed souls and Miller Lites) but were too afraid to reprimand him for the wrath he would cause.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
They found that Chris Widger was using performance enhancing drugs (crushed souls and Miller Lites) but were too afraid to reprimand him for the wrath he would cause.

Actually the found that Widger wasn't using enhancing drugs, enhancing drugs were using him.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 5, 2014 -> 02:37 PM)

I'd yawn if Conteras was using. I kind of always suspected it.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 09:25 AM)
I don't even care about the White Sox. I'm full of schadenfreude that an MLB "darling" or two could be on the list.

I wonder if Bud Selig would try to bury it if it turns out to be Big Papi (one of the names)??

Of course, he "allowed" Ryan Braun to go down, and that was a player from his own franchise (along with his daughter's).

Well, a lot of the $250 million he's made has been based on championing/cheerleading the steroids era and then finally being forced to turn against it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
Ortiz was already busted though.

If he were busted again, though, the conversation would immediately turn to asterisked World Series results, seeing how last year's BoSox were completely, 100% carried by him in the playoffs.

Of all the things Bud doesn't want on his legacy, such a black eye would be at he very top of the list, I would think. I've wondered as well whether we'd ever find out about another failed Papi test, were it to happen.