mlb network top 100 players right now.

Whisox05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
So you'll have Abreu, Sale and Eaton.

Although Ramirez or Quintana are possibilities, they would only make if it they played for Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs or Dodgers.

Samardzija has a chance

My prediction is that Sale and Abreu are the only 2 left for the Sox. Highly doubtful if anyone at MLB Network realizes that Q>Samardzija. I think Alexei has a chance considering they said that they consider defense in their rankings.

Sale - 7, Abreu - 18.

Top 10 prediction:

Trout, Kershaw, Cutch, Felix, Stanton, Miggy, Sale, Posey, Bumgarner (Because MLB Network is obsessed with him), Price.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 09:28 PM)
My prediction is that Sale and Abreu are the only 2 left for the Sox. Highly doubtful if anyone at MLB Network realizes that Q>Samardzija. I think Alexei has a chance considering they said that they consider defense in their rankings.

Sale - 7, Abreu - 18.

Top 10 prediction:

Trout, Kershaw, Cutch, Felix, Stanton, Miggy, Sale, Posey, Bumgarner (Because MLB Network is obsessed with him), Price.

MLB Network seems to be sabremetrically inclined at times since Brian Kenney is a huge advocate, Since Shark is at 82 Quintana should be in there since he has done it for 3 seasons and last year continued the trend of getting better every year.

Quintana’s FIP was 2.81, comparable to Jon Lester’s 2.80 and good for 10th best in baseball among qualified pitchers. His strikeout rate has increased ever year he has been in the bigs – from 14.3 percent to 19.7 percent to 21.5 percent. At the same time, and his walk rate has dipped from 7.4 percent to 6.7 percent to 6.3 percent. (courtesy of SSS)

I also believe his HR rate was very low.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Feb 26, 2015 -> 08:25 AM)
MLB Network seems to be sabremetrically inclined at times since Brian Kenney is a huge advocate, Since Shark is at 82 Quintana should be in there since he has done it for 3 seasons and last year continued the trend of getting better every year.

Quintana’s FIP was 2.81, comparable to Jon Lester’s 2.80 and good for 10th best in baseball among qualified pitchers. His strikeout rate has increased ever year he has been in the bigs – from 14.3 percent to 19.7 percent to 21.5 percent. At the same time, and his walk rate has dipped from 7.4 percent to 6.7 percent to 6.3 percent. (courtesy of SSS)

I also believe his HR rate was very low.

You don't have to tell ME that Quintana was good, the problem is hoping the MLB Network guys know he is good. This list was not compiled by The Shredder, which takes advanced metrics in to account. This was done by people, which gives me less faith in Q being recognized. Hell, during the entire 81-100 show, Greg was questioning every player ranked better than Pujols' 98 ranking saying "REALLY!?! Adam Eaton is better that Pujols? You would take Adam Eaton over one of the Hall of Famer??? Come on now" as if he thinks Pujols is somehow one of the best players still.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 25, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)

Sale - 7, Abreu - 18.

Top 10 prediction:

Ugh, I was close.

Trout was 2, not 1.

Kershaw was 1, not 2.

Cutch was 6, not 3.

Felix was 3, not 4.

Stanton was 4, not 5.

Miggy was 7, not 6.

Sale was 5, not 7.

Posey was 8! Yay!

Bumgarner was 26, not 9 (I didn't think he should be 9 either, I just know they suck his dick on the reg.)

Price was 25, not 10.

I did guess Goldschmidt would be #13, and I nailed that one. So I'm pleased.