7/1 Doubleheader vs Angels

flavum

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
Attendance so far this season

28. Chicago White Sox 793,806 (39 games)...20,354 average

1. Charlotte Knights 402,723...9,589 average

1. Birmingham Barons 260,734...6,518 average

For a guy who doesn't attend games, you sure are obsessed with attendance. Why is your excuse for not attending any better than others?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 06:53 AM)
For a guy who doesn't attend games, you sure are obsessed with attendance. Why is your excuse for not attending any better than others?

I have mlb.tv (when the stream works/doesn't freeze) and mlb gameday audio, which is revenue distributed equally to all the clubs.

If the White Sox place a farm team in Wuhan, China, I'll be glad to support them. Otherwise, I only have August 5th-22nd to attend games, and will try to make at least one (my hometown is the Quad Cities) when I am back in the States.

Edited by caulfield12

Brooks Boyer just said on the score that if you bought a ticket for last nights postponed game, it becomes a gift certificate for any game you want to use it for, and if you use it tonite then you get two games for the price of one.

I dont know if that is a standard practice, but it is pretty cool

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
Brooks Boyer just said on the score that if you bought a ticket for last nights postponed game, it becomes a gift certificate for any game you want to use it for, and if you use it tonite then you get two games for the price of one.

I dont know if that is a standard practice, but it is pretty cool

It's standard if the rescheduled game is not part of a day/night DH or played on an alternate date. It is a lot better for the ticketholder.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
I say China is a good reason not to attend.

Meanwhile I'll be going to both games today. What's your excuse, everyone else.

I work until 3:15, I am out of vacation for the year and I live 185 miles from the Cell. Is that good enough?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
I say China is a good reason not to attend.

Meanwhile I'll be going to both games today. What's your excuse, everyone else.

White Sox games are just sooooooooo expensive, an average Joe like me is lucky to afford one game a year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
I would think a better excuse for Game 1 of the double header is cheering for the USMNT against Belgium.

Maybe they could show parts of the game on the scoreboard between innings?

Showing soccer on the scoreboard would be a good way to put the crowd to sleep.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 12:00 PM)
Pretty sure they don't do that if it's the next day- because of the short notice of travel.

I think the game was called and announced as a DH early enough to decide someone could be called up and make it on time today.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
I think the game was called and announced as a DH early enough to decide someone could be called up and make it on time today.

I think it's just a rule in baseball. If the doubleheader is the following day, no extra player.