GAME THREAD 7/7: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

David Ortiz was just going off on a Baseball Network broadcast from the last 24 hours where someone apparently was bringing up the fact that he "seemed to be getting a free pass" on the steroids issue.

Sensitive. Me thinketh he doth protesteth too much.

Lots of cursing/bleeps in his interview, saying nobody in America gets a free pass (that he'd been tested 40 times, etc.)...had something to do with John Lackey, couldn't quite figure out how his name got brought in the conversation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:46 PM)
David Ortiz was just going off on a Baseball Network broadcast from the last 24 hours where someone apparently was bringing up the fact that he "seemed to be getting a free pass" on the steroids issue.

Sensitive. Me thinketh he doth protesteth too much.

Lots of cursing/bleeps in his interview, saying nobody in America gets a free pass (that he'd been tested 40 times, etc.)...had something to do with John Lackey, couldn't quite figure out how his name got brought in the conversation.

Lackey complained about Nelson Cruz after Cruz destroyed him on Saturday night. Showalter responded by saying Lackey better be sure his own team is clean before bashing others.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Lackey complained about Nelson Cruz after Cruz destroyed him on Saturday night. Showalter responded by saying Lackey better be sure his own team is clean before bashing others.

I like this Showalter guy. I hope he sticks around the majors for a long time

So Conor plays against LHP but sits verse Buckholz? I swear to god Robin Ventura is either brain dead or his entire '14 managing year is one big epic troll job.

Also love that bottom 3, might as well just give them 3 automatic outs in a row like when you don't have enough guys in softball.

edit: nm I see Conor is injured. sweet.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
Tyler Flowers.

Yikes.

9 for his last 96, with 43 K's. OPS now sinking below 600.

How long before they pull the plug???

He should split with Nieto now he cannot be the starting catcher in 2015 in any way, shape or form.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:27 PM)
Tyler Flowers.

Yikes.

9 for his last 96, with 43 K's. OPS now sinking below 600.

How long before they pull the plug???

For Nieto? Honestly, I think it's quite clear at this point that our intention with Nieto is to get him through the season with the least amount of damage to his confidence, which means limiting his playing time. The good news is that Flowers will not be our starting catcher next year, Hahn isn't blind and can see how horrific Tylee is offensively.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:33 PM)
For Nieto? Honestly, I think it's quite clear at this point that our intention with Nieto is to get him through the season with the least amount of damage to his confidence, which means limiting his playing time. The good news is that Flowers will not be our starting catcher next year, Hahn isn't blind and can see how horrific Tylee is offensively.

Good take. You hope Nieto can get through the year, continue to improve in the offseason, and then maybe be ready to compete for a starting job next spring. That is extremely optmitisc however. As of now I'd proceed as if we have zero starting caliber catchers on the roster. Assuming anything else is ludicrous.

I will say that Tyler Flowers def scraped against his floor as a prospect but did it the exact opposite most expected. He can't hit for s*** but he's a decent defensive catcher, go figure.

Dunn back on the "trade him" radar with tonight's game.

Seemingly past the hand/wrist problems.

With catcher, God knows. Phegley or Kevan Smith are the only internal options. Maybe a veteran catcher comes back in one of our July/August trades.