Sox vs Royals

Heads22

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
Can't really wait much longer for the game thread.

Royals had the dreaded players-only meeting today

WE'RE DOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD!!!!!!!!

Those chokers will lay down and the Sox will give em a 12-1 thrashing. And there will be many posts about the future of Scott Carroll. And I'll be skeptical, but optimistic.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Can't really wait much longer for the game thread.

Royals had the dreaded players-only meeting today

Just got back from work. Good job starting the thread without me. It's Greek Heritage Night so make your own joke about what the Sox are going to do with the Royals .

The Omar Infante on the Tigers would have advanced the runner to 3rd there...maybe he'll just swipe it. Not an easy task against Nieto, though.

How many references are we going to get to Carroll pitching against his hometown (Liberty, MO....northeast suburb of KC) team tonight?

I would seriously walk Perez in the 1st to face Moustakas. Maybe that's just me. (And it would have been the wrong call, haha.)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
When Carroll is throwing strikes and his sinker is moving like that he is a solid pitcher

Both Scott and Zach Putnam have some similarities in that regard...lower speeds, better movement=positive results.

If you throw Leury Garcia into that line-up, it seems even worse than the one we fielded the last couple of months in 2013.

OTOH, a 750ish OPS and 350ish OBP from Adam Eaton are nice to have...except for the stolen base department, he's been a real threat.

Edited by caulfield12

And now, let the Bruce Chen Experiment Part Infinity vs. the Sox begin. The man who drove Ozzie Guillen crazy and has been getting the White Sox out since has taken the mound ...

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 01:21 AM)
Come on, no Jose? Why couldn't he just DH and let Konerko stay on the bench. Ostensibly Kong is good against LHP, in reality he's awful.

Seems a shame Jose can't play against the soft tosser.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
Seems a shame Jose can't play against the soft tosser.

I've given up trying to explain RV. Why in the f*** would a dude with a 45 wRC+ against LHP be your 3rd hitter? Why would you sit Jose and not Dunn today? Why couldn't you just not play Kong at all?

I give up.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 01:25 AM)
I've given up trying to explain RV. Why in the f*** would a dude with a 45 wRC+ against LHP be your 3rd hitter? Why would you sit Jose and not Dunn today? Why couldn't you just not play Kong at all?

I give up.

Jose needs a day off every once in a while. Seems a shame like I was saying to have it come on a night a total hack is pitching. A lefthanded stiff.