7/19 Games (Fulmer, Stephens)

KnightsOnMintSt

Charlotte taking on Rochester at 6:05CT. Fulmer on the bump for the Knights.

Birmingham hosting Jackson at 7:05CT. Stephens pitching for the Barons.

Winston-Salem is off.

Kannapolis hosts West Virginia at 6:05CT.

White Sox rookie team taking on the Rangers rookie team at 9:00CT

DSL White Sox beat the DSL Blue Jays today, 1-0.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 12:26 AM)
4 BB's and 0 K's for Fulmer through 4 innings. Only 1 run allowed but he seems completely broken right now.

To me, he's done nothing besides being drafted high to deserve a top 20 spot in the org rankings. Give me Stephens, Guerrero and Adams over him

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
To me, he's done nothing besides being drafted high to deserve a top 20 spot in the org rankings. Give me Stephens, Guerrero and Adams over him

Sounds like if Fulmer had spent all of 2016 in A+ and started this year in AA, you'd love him. I don't see how these guys repeating AA or in Stephen's case reaching AA at 24 years old is supposed to be some conclusive proof that Fulmer is an inferior prospect. It's fairly logical to think if we slow-walked Fulmer's development, he'd have a fan club following his AA debut this year with interest.

I've been wondering if he might be hurt since about mid-May this eyar, but what seems most clear is the Sox are paying the price for pushing his development timeline harder than was reasonable.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
Sounds like if Fulmer had spent all of 2016 in A+ and started this year in AA, you'd love him. I don't see how these guys repeating AA or in Stephen's case reaching AA at 24 years old is supposed to be some conclusive proof that Fulmer is an inferior prospect. It's fairly logical to think if we slow-walked Fulmer's development, he'd have a fan club following his AA debut this year with interest.

I've been wondering if he might be hurt since about mid-May this eyar, but what seems most clear is the Sox are paying the price for pushing his development timeline harder than was reasonable.

I get that point but not throwing strikes in AAA is the same as not throwing strikes in A or AA.

I still think the Sox called him up last year to show him that something he thought he was doing well would never work against MLB batters.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 01:32 AM)

All you have to do is see the stuff he's throwing and it's pretty evident he's a long shot to perform well in the majors. His stuff has declined too much to make up for his mediocre command. Stephens had the injury issue, but unlike Fulmer, at least he's consistently getting AA hitters out

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
Asche is up to .351 while hitting for power & drawing a ton of walks. At some point it seems a little ridiculous to keep a 27 year old with a ~180 wRC+ in the minors.

AAAA players look really good in AAA.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 08:43 PM)
Asche is up to .351 while hitting for power & drawing a ton of walks. At some point it seems a little ridiculous to keep a 27 year old with a ~180 wRC+ in the minors.

I agree. Bring him up. They saw something in him when they signed him and put him on the 25. have no idea what, but see what he has. Just as soon find out.