The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he can face some legitimate penaltys aside from financial and reputation. I hope I never see Lisa Bloom hired again.

I remember reading the David Carr profile of Weinstein in High school and it just rolled off my back. He was responsible (and made sure everyone knew it) for funding so many of my favorite movies as a teenager, I was like, a big Weinstein fan. Was pissed when the miramax split happened.

Anyway I read the Carr profile again this weekend (it was around twitter as a weird archive piece on New York mag I can't find right now), and it seems so obvious. That piece focused on his verbal and physical abuse (mostly of men). People whose sole worldview is to dominate those around them are going to carry that in every aspect of life.

It's just gross and sad for those who get taken advantage of and fall through the cracks in someones search for power.

Also, this is case in point why Gawker going bankrupt was bad because people like Weinstein is who Gawker was built for:

http://defamer.gawker.com/tell-us-what-you...-sec-1695071092

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 10:50 AM)
I guess Emma Watson threatened to leave a movie if Harvey told another actress to lose weight.

Paid off Rose McGowan to keep quiet about something.

There are going to be a lot of studio execs a lot less media facing than Weinstein that are probably lawyering up right now, and I hope they don't succeed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 08:12 AM)
Made girls watch him take care of himself.

WTF

Just watched an episode of One Mississippi where a studio guy did this exact thing in front of a woman. Wonder if they based it on this scumbag. I'm sure word got around that he was doing this sort of thing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 11:42 AM)
He always had that look to me. A guy who if he made $50k a year, couldn't get any chicks.To me he always looked like a casting couch guy who did his fair share of blow.

You could probably say the same thing about half of Hollywood execs. I'm sure Weinstein isn't unique.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
You could probably say the same thing about half of Hollywood execs. I'm sure Weinstein isn't unique.

Bingo. "Hey baby, I can make you a star..." I'm sure that stuff happens daily.

I don't know why, because these fools continue to do it, but i'm always amazed at the hubris, like this s*** wouldn't eventually come out? Even one event isn't acceptable, but perhaps he was a creep and took things too far or whatever, call it a one time mistake of your life. But 8 settlements? Come on. And the board of his company getting praise for ousting him. Where were they after settlement 2, 3, 4 etc.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
Bingo. "Hey baby, I can make you a star..." I'm sure that stuff happens daily.

I don't know why, because these fools continue to do it, but i'm always amazed at the hubris, like this s*** wouldn't eventually come out? Even one event isn't acceptable, but perhaps he was a creep and took things too far or whatever, call it a one time mistake of your life. But 8 settlements? Come on. And the board of his company getting praise for ousting him. Where were they after settlement 2, 3, 4 etc.

They're surrounded by enablers. Somewhere Meryl Streep is applauding Weinstein and Polanski right now.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
It's from her giving Polanski a standing ovation at the Oscar's. This was after he sodomized a 13 year old and fled the country.

Yes, I'm aware of Polanski. Who is an atrocious human being and has been given a pass for some reason by many.

The topic at hand was indeed Weinstein, so I'm focusing on that one.

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 03:38 PM)
Yes, I'm aware of Polanski. Who is an atrocious human being and has been given a pass for some reason by many.

The topic at hand was indeed Weinstein, so I'm focusing on that one.

Obviously I didn't pick the name out of a hat and the conversation had delved into the systematic problem in Hollywood. Your "terrible example" quip was pretty dumb.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
Obviously I didn't pick the name out of a hat and the conversation had delved into the systematic problem in Hollywood. Your "terrible example" quip was pretty dumb.

- Says Meryl Streep is out there praising Weinstein

- Streep had come out to condemn Weinstein

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
- Says Meryl Streep is out there praising Weinstein

- Streep had come out to condemn Weinstein

The inclusion of Weistein was said in jest as Streep's praise of Polanski is pretty infamous. There's been several 1,000+ threads on Reddit condemning Streep. It's pretty common knowledge, or at least i thought so. Both Weinstein and Polanski are sexual predators. My post was pretty transparent. Nitpick if you will, but it's pretty dumb and pointless.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 12:47 PM)
So apparently the NYT published 3 credible rape allegations against him today.

I guess that makes up for not reporting 13 years ago when they knew about other allegations. This will all blow over in 2 weeks, he will get "help" and avoid any punishment. So much faux outrage going on right now, it's sad.