Rodon Rehab Starts

flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 04:54 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 11m11 minutes ago

Carlos Rodon has allowed 3 runs -- 2 on a home run -- in 2 innings for Class A Winston-Salem. He also has six strikeouts. First rehab start.

Apparently struggling with arm side fastball command. Stop me if you've heard that before. He's back, in all ways!

Throwing 98 though is great. Must feel pretty good.

Not saying today's Rodon line his means anything, but I'm a little surprised our fans give Hahn and KW the benefit of the doubt on our younger prospects. Frankly I don't trust either of them at all at this point. They've made a ton of bad acquisitions including Melky, Dunn, Frazier, Beckham, Tank, so many of the bullpen hacks we've had since our last good Sox team. Just don't understand why you all aren't in more of a wait and see on Fulmer and Rodon. Both easily could be additional flameouts. I'm not asking for their firing (KW deserves credit and admiration for 05 and Hahn may be good) but ... why the unabashed trust of them?

p.s.: I do respect Melky for taking a ball flush off the face and continuing his at bat and getting a hit.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 6, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Not saying today's Rodon line his means anything, but I'm a little surprised our fans give Hahn and KW the benefit of the doubt on our younger prospects. Frankly I don't trust either of them at all at this point. They've made a ton of bad acquisitions including Melky, Dunn, Frazier, Beckham, Tank, so many of the bullpen hacks we've had since our last good Sox team. Just don't understand why you all aren't in more of a wait and see on Fulmer and Rodon. Both easily could be additional flameouts. I'm not asking for their firing (KW deserves credit and admiration for 05 and Hahn may be good) but ... why the unabashed trust of them?

p.s.: I do respect Melky for taking a ball flush off the face and continuing his at bat and getting a hit.

It's probably Rodon's MLB ERA below 4 over 300+ major league innings

• 2 weeks later...