Top 30 White Sox Prospects for 2017

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Probably not but remember Adolfo was top ten last year.

A much improved system from where it was prior to the Sale and Eaton deals, but still leaves a ton to be desired

The Sox are still very thin on position player prospects that have the chance to be decent mlb players (Collins, Moncada, Basabe...Call, Fisher in the second tier...the list really tails off after that)

We certainly have some of the best RH pitching prospects in the minors with Giolito, Kopech, Fulmer, Hansen, Burdi, Adams and Stephens

How feasible is the possibility of Fisher returning to his original position of catcher? How hard is it for a catcher to come back from a torn labrum?

This quote from Hostetler, shortly after Fisher was drafted, is why I ask:

"We were actually debating about where to announce him at catcher, outfielder or first base," Hostetler said. "Probably let him try a little bit of all of them, maybe even catch a little bit."

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
How feasible is the possibility of Fisher returning to his original position of catcher? How hard is it for a catcher to come back from a torn labrum?

This quote from Hostetler, shortly after Fisher was drafted, is why I ask:

"We were actually debating about where to announce him at catcher, outfielder or first base," Hostetler said. "Probably let him try a little bit of all of them, maybe even catch a little bit."

Given his repeating health issues, and that a torn labrum is far worse for an arm than TJS, I'd say the chances of him going back to catcher are very slim. Obviously if I'm wrong and he does go back behind the plate, and if he turns out to be good at it defensively, he'd be a MUCH more highly regarded prospect. With his offensive abilities, if it looked like he could be an average or even slightly below average major league catcher defensively, he's instantly a T100 guy.

The fact that they haven't done that, tells you what they think the chances of that happening are.