Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2017-18 official NBA discussion thread
bmags
post Today, 03:38 PM
Post #1666

PC Bro

Group: Admin
Member No.: 192

I agree, I'm not saying Hoiberg is popovich but I think Kawhi would fare very well in this offense. I would assume mirotic isn't there but especially on lineups like dunn-lavine-leonard-markannen-mirotic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Today, 03:42 PM
Post #1667

I need the proper tools!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2018 -> 01:38 PM) *
I agree, I'm not saying Hoiberg is popovich but I think Kawhi would fare very well in this offense. I would assume mirotic isn't there but especially on lineups like dunn-lavine-leonard-markannen-mirotic.

It feels weird, but I literally don't have a bad thing to say about Hoiberg right now. I've came to the realization that with the team of personalities we had and with the switch and how we switched from Thibs that pretty much any coach (outside of a really proven champion such as Phil or Pop) would have failed. It just wasn't feasible. An unproven NBA coach wasn't going to get that ship right and deal with what had to be done. This year, with Fred being given a blank slate (from a personality perspective) it has enabled him to get buy in from top-to-bottom and truly implement his scheme, etc. We finally get to see him actually coach. I will admit part of a coaches job is to adapt but I think I downplayed just how bad of a situation Fred was put in (and that isn't Fred's fault). Amazing what a year makes since I became pretty anti Hoiberg very early in his coaching tenure (to now have a 180).

While I absolve Fred of the past two years, I don't necessarily absolve the front office because they should have had that level of awareness.

+Quote Post
Sox-35th
post Today, 04:56 PM
Post #1668

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,665

Yeah, I can't complain about Hoiberg, either. It looks like a much better hire with players that work with him. I'm waiting on the Thibs thing to collapse in Minnesota. That starting five has so many minutes.

From here
Among all NBA players, Andrew ranks first in total minutes (1,628), Karl ranks second (1,607) and Jimmy ranks third (1,580). When you look at the total miles run, Jimmy is fourth in the NBA (111.9), Karl is fifth (108.9) and Andrew is sixth (107.9)

This post has been edited by Sox-35th: Today, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

112 Pages V  « < 110 111 112
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2018 - 08:04 PM