The last posts (so far) of SFP*

Texsox

I happened to be looking at a members profile and I noticed it tracks the last post. That got me to thinking we usually don't know when that last post will be. I looked up to popular posters with over 25,000 posts and here is how they left.

YASNY

Posted on: Nov 16, 2013 -> 08:58 PM

First Base Coach

Group: Mod Emeritus

Member No.: 21

Warn: (0%) ------+

The point is to bring up some names the have not been thought of lately and maybe, just maybe, start some discussion. Memories or whatever. It's going to be a long off season.

Steff

Ed Farmer FANATIC

Group: Members

Member No.: 28

Warn: (20%) -X----+

QUOTE (Scwible @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:54 PM) *

I remember tickets getting released about an hour or half an hour before the game. I've done it a few times but haven't done it in about a year or so so I'm kind of hazy on the times. I know I've gone to the park, the parking people have said it was sold out and I was able to score some released tickets with this method.

They have changed this to 40 minutes to game time, but you can go to any ticket window and request them. Ask for avaliable player released tickets, and whatever you do behave. Several times already this year there have been arrests of unrulely fans between 132 and 135. Great seats though. Worth the $ if you don't mind the net.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:32 AM)
I don't understand how someone like Steff, who was omnipresent on Soxtalk, could go cold turkey and stop posting completely. It's not like she petered out, either. She just stopped.

other priorities

(Read: Family)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 06:49 AM)
other priorities

(Read: Family)

I understand, but my guess is that she still follows the Sox. Soxtalk is a good source for info - especially when you are busy with family stuff/work/life. So, it would stand to reason that she (and others who leave) check in occasionally. Going from posting 100 times per day to not posting at all is kind of crazy. Almost as crazy as posting 100 times per day in the first place.

This is a pretty cool idea, Tex. Looking forward to seeing some other blasts from the past.

This also got me curious about my own profile. I noticed that in addition to tracking posts, it also tracks topics you've started. I haven't started a topic on this board since 2010. Sounds about right.

It was fun finding old posts of mine. My 1st ever post was about the 2003 MLB Draft. Talking about targeting guys like Tony Gwynn Jr and Jarrod Saltalamacchia... Jason brought up Brian Anderson as a name to watch. Turns out he was pretty spot-on.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:01 AM)
I understand, but my guess is that she still follows the Sox. Soxtalk is a good source for info - especially when you are busy with family stuff/work/life. So, it would stand to reason that she (and others who leave) check in occasionally. Going from posting 100 times per day to not posting at all is kind of crazy. Almost as crazy as posting 100 times per day in the first place.

It is kind of weird in most instances anyway that posting just stopped abruptly........and then, no more. You would think you would see a gradual tapering off. But, I checked a few other long-time posters and it just seems to be an abrupt end for most. Anyway, it's pretty neat to check out.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)

She does but doesn't live in Chicago anymore.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)

Marty34 checked in as recently as June but still hasn't posted in a long time.

It's not a last post, but The Ultimate Champion has one of those acts of contrition posts at his profile page, it's pretty funny and sounds exactly like what you would expect from him.

I would like to apologize to every one I have offended on this web site. I also would like to apologize to every one who is not a member of this web site who has also been offended by the words I have written. I would like to further apologize to the entire White Sox organization as well. This user name was intended to be a joke, but I have since learned that the joke was on me, and that I was part of the joke also, and that there are many jokes in total, and many lies, and that I was a part of many of them, and that none of them are funny when they hurt. Sports were only a vice for me, and a comfortable one at that, and in reveling in that comfortable vice I casted down others freely and openly, and wrongly, without regard to the feelings of others. I used to go in circles of confusion on here, but I have now found that it is much easier to go in circles toward the TRUTH than anything else. All one needs to do is find a little Inspiration.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
JimH:

Jk he's still totally posting.

Also bring back nuke cleveland.

Lol crazy ol' Nuke. He was a blast during the old Chat Crew days.

It's odd reflecting now on the amount of time I've been with this site, and for others it has been longer. To think through everything that one experiences in 12+ years that there are some who still find the time to consistently post. I'm sure there are many posters still browsing even if they dont post regularly. I know I've been doing that the last several years.

Many random names spring to mind too, even if theyre not at 25,000 posts:

Qwerty

The cheat

Cwsguy406

Beastly, wsc425, whatever other name Ross had

Cwsox

Super Steve

Gregory Pratt

Brandofan

Cluer

Bmr

Spiff

I know several of the previous guys were banned though lol.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

BigSqwert

Posted on: Jan 29, 2014 -> 08:25 PM

right size, wrong shape

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,420

Warn: (30%) -XX---+

Yeah whatever dude. Go drive your truck. If only everyone can be such a hall of fame caliber fan like you.

kapkomet

Posted on: Oct 16, 2014 -> 02:54 AM

The Straw Man

Group: Admin

Member No.: 1,275

Warn: (10%) -X----+

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Oct 15, 2014 -> 10:11 PM) *

I live about 15 minutes from Dallas, maybe this is a stupid question but should I be worried?

Um, no. Be prudent, not worried.

I work with people that are in from all over the world this week, and I am going to Europe in a week in a half. You can't stop living. Just be aware of your surroundings, and be prepared that there's some sick folks who need help, not shunned, every step of the way.

P.S. I work 2 minutes from DFW Airport. Big deal. I work with people who live near the neighborhoods effected. Big deal. Again, just be prudent and aware, not worried.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 02:31 AM)
Lol crazy ol' Nuke. He was a blast during the old Chat Crew days.

It's odd reflecting now on the amount of time I've been with this site, and for others it has been longer. To think through everything that one experiences in 12+ years that there are some who still find the time to consistently post. I'm sure there are many posters still browsing even if they dont post regularly. I know I've been doing that the last several years.

Many random names spring to mind too, even if theyre not at 25,000 posts:

Qwerty

The cheat

Cwsguy406

Beastly, wsc425, whatever other name Ross had

Cwsox

Super Steve

Gregory Pratt

Brandofan

Cluer

Bmr

Spiff

I know several of the previous guys were banned though lol.

There is a reporter Gregory Pratt for the Tribune. guessing probably the same guy