• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't steal Yoda's thunder, but here's the report of Pavano:

Scouting Report

2003 Season

Carl Pavano fought off challengers and the occasional trade rumor to win the final rotation spot out of spring training. He then put together the best season of his injury-marred career, posting career highs in wins and innings. Dropped from the playoff rotation, he pitched so well out of the bullpen that he earned a key start in Game 6 of the NLCS against the Cubs. He then out-dueled his idol, Roger Clemens, in Game 4 of the World Series. Pitching, Defense & Hitting: Pavano relies on strong command of a fastball-slider-change repertoire. His 91-93 MPH sinker is heavy, but he threw more four-seamers than in the past. His late-breaking slider was a putaway pitch against righthanders, while his plus changeup enabled him to neutralize lefties. Pavano is a below-average fielder who fared the worst among all Marlins pitchers against basestealers. He had a miserable year with the bat but did help himself with five sacrifice bunts.

2004 Outlook

One of 15 Marlins eligible for arbitration, Pavano figures to receive a substantial raise over his $1.5 million salary. His solid work all year-especially in the postseason-figured to make him a mainstay of the Marlins' rotation.

Sounds like we should try to out-Marlin the Marlins on this guy!

I might tape this game because I won't be home until about 11. I can't stand to miss many more games, this team has me absolutely hooked.

Ditto, I can't miss any games. I'm supposed to be somewhere tonight but I'm going to try and get out of it, if I have to I guess I'll tape it also.

I won't steal Yoda's thunder, but here's the report of Pavano:

Just make sure it doesn’t happen again ;)

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP Carl Pavano

• 6-2, 3.10 ERA in 2004
  • Did not face White Sox in 2003

CWS: LHP Scott Schoeneweis

• 5-4, 4.18 ERA in 2004
  • First career appearance vs. FLA
Go Sox! :usa