Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blogged this, but I figured I'd put it here, too. If you're in a restaurant or bar and you cut yourself -- if you decide to use napkins to stop the blood flow -- throw the napkins away yourself! I don't want to deal with them!

comcast blows.

Whenever i get my own place again in the suburbs, I'll be going to an alternative. I've had nothing but problems with my digital cable and cable internet this summer.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
comcast blows.

Whenever i get my own place again in the suburbs, I'll be going to an alternative. I've had nothing but problems with my digital cable and cable internet this summer.

I said this for like 4-5 months (about 15 calls), and since one guy finally found the real problem and found a solution, i haven't had to call them in the past 4-5 months. So who knows, could be a lot of factors.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 11:58 PM)
I am in/was in a very similar situation, but kinda still stuck. My internet was out for a few days, had a really nice contractor come out, tell me a whole new line had to be put it, because it was installed wrong to begin with, and that every other time I have had a problem, it has just been band-aided by lazy techs. A day later, the internet came back on without any fix, yet this guy told me I need a whole new setup. So do I still have the same lousy setup? I am just waiting for it to go back out...

Yeah, we had that for a while, someone said it was fixed, days later it wasn't. One of their "head" guys came out and figured out the problem in 5 minutes, and we've been fine internet-wise ever since. What are they paying these tech guys for if they don't even try to explore all avenues? They just waste more time and more manpower when they don't try to fix it the first time, and it's not like we paid for any of the visits since the problem was on their end.

Steve you should just call and b**** more, they weren't very hard to get free service out of for months at a time :headbang

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 20, 2007 -> 08:54 PM)
comcast blows.

Dude call them up and tell them to do whatever it is they're doing different in the Orland/Tinley area. NEVER once had a problem.

Edited by Shanks

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 23, 2007 -> 06:25 AM)
Just paid off my 4 year car loan 32 months early. Man, that's a good feeling. ;)

I have 2 more payments left on my truck. Can't wait to save that extra money each month.

Working a sweet job. Have been for awhile now. But there's nothing more demoralizing than having to be b****ed out by people when I call them (I am not a telemarketer but this morning I am making a few phone calls) and having to restrain myself from saying anything negative because I don't want to embarrass my boss. (My boss, however, was willing to call one of them and tell her not to be such a b**** after this one lady was a huge f***ing b****. I love my boss and my job.)

It's so disgusting to have some asshole sigh when you start to talk and then say, "Sorry, no time, sorry, no time!" or whateverthef*** they say.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
:notworthy

I've been stuck on level 36 for 3 weeks

If you want a little strategy, read below, but if not pretend the post ends here:

Get the boomerang balloon, as you blow up the bomb cluster. Then you will be able to clear all the balloons above you with the boomerang. After that, hit the orange spike balloons to activate the pacman (with the pacman, go counterclockwise from where you start, and you should be able to get all the balloons down there). After that, try to hit the purple balloon at the same time, having it fall on the bomb resting on the bouncy floor. Finally, all you should have to do is hit the bomb in the set at the top of the level.

And for people that have never played this game, that paragraph has to look f***ing insane.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
If you want a little strategy, read below, but if not pretend the post ends here:

Get the boomerang balloon, as you blow up the bomb cluster. Then you will be able to clear all the balloons above you with the boomerang. After that, hit the orange spike balloons to activate the pacman (with the pacman, go counterclockwise from where you start, and you should be able to get all the balloons down there). After that, try to hit the purple balloon at the same time, having it fall on the bomb resting on the bouncy floor. Finally, all you should have to do is hit the bomb in the set at the top of the level.

And for people that have never played this game, that paragraph has to look f***ing insane.

Spoiler tag

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
Scrubs is a quality tv show.

And I LOVE my job, despite f***ing up my finger today. Nothing better than workin outside.

I love my job. Very cushy. Too cushy for a guy as young as I, but that's fine by me.

Anyway,

Cute story.

The girl that I am seeing and I were making out in the subway at Grand/State downtown. The platforms are divided by a wall and there's a small break in the barrier from which you can see either side. She and I are making out and suddenly you hear a catcall of "Get a room!" followed by "Tell my husband about that!" and "Whoa!" and all the other things that get yelled out by people watching two people kiss. Well, we break up, laughing, look around and see a few people watching us kiss. We get back to it and the guys are cheering us on and the Subway Guitar Player Across the Platform is really heckling us. He calls out that I'm the man, calls out that I need to get a room, calls out this and that, and then out of nowhere he gets this huge grin on his face and starts playing "My Girl."

It was the cutest thing I've ever been involved in that I hadn't planned. (Since I am, of course, rather romantic without anyone else's assistance.)