'17 Breakout Prospect

beautox

For me personally from a pitching standpoint I'm going with Jordan Guerrero, will only be 23 at the start of the season and some projection left. On the offensive side of things I think Alex Call rockets through A+ and gets a cup of coffee at AAA near the end of the season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:01 AM)
Hitter: Jameson Fisher

Pitcher: Bernardo Flores

AAAA Bonus: Nicky Delmonico

once Frazier gets moved I would love to see 400 ml AB's for Delmonico

I think pitching wise I'd go Bummer or Frye as both seemed to get some nice opportunities.

I honestly just hope we have a breakout offensive product. I expect Fisher/Call to hit well until they are tested in Birmingham before I get too excited about them as big league pieces.

But would probably be most excited if Josue Guerrero has a great first stateside debut while staying healthy, or one of the position player LatAm signings does well.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 01:59 PM)
Pitcher - Luis Martinez

Hitter - Michael Hickman

Pitcher - Alec Hansen

If he can continue to build on his excellent minor league debut we could see Hansen rocket up prospect lists into the top #100 by midseason. His control and command are still iffy, but White Sox coaching should be able to help him to reduce his walks to a reasonable level.

I also think Dane Dunning will be a fast riser through the minor leagues as he is very polished out of Florida. I expect him to reach AA or even AAA by end of the season.

Hitter - tougher to say. Collins is certainly the best overall hitter in our system right now, and I expect him to produce

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
Actually, going to change my pitcher to Blake Hickman, just because I like him and want him to get his career back on track.

This is a name I was thinking of too. Great call.

The big thing I would like to see happen this year is Hickman, Fisher, and Adolfo all stay healthy and get a full year of development. In addition to Alec Hansen, these are the guy you could see explode up the top 10 lists this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 11:17 AM)
This is a name I was thinking of too. Great call.

The big thing I would like to see happen this year is Hickman, Fisher, and Adolfo all stay healthy and get a full year of development. In addition to Alec Hansen, these are the guy you could see explode up the top 10 lists this year.

This is a good list. Big years from Fisher and Adolfo would be huge for the organization's position player depth.

I'm not sure Hansen counts here since he's knocking on top 100 lists and the organization's top 10 list already, but if Hansen stays healthy and builds on last year, the second wave of pitching talent in the system looks really good.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
Actually, going to change my pitcher to Blake Hickman, just because I like him and want him to get his career back on track.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
Pitcher: Bernardo Flores

Hitter: Carlos Perez

Out of all the names mentioned in this thread, these are the best ones. But its because these guys aren't already top 15 sox prospects who haven't had good years in the past.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 03:52 PM)
This is a good list. Big years from Fisher and Adolfo would be huge for the organization's position player depth.

I'm not sure Hansen counts here since he's knocking on top 100 lists and the organization's top 10 list already, but if Hansen stays healthy and builds on last year, the second wave of pitching talent in the system looks really good.

It would be amazing if Adolfo did anything positive this season

So far he has been a huge disappointment

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)

He's at an age where it's ok to be at Kannapolis. Hopefully he climbs the ladder starting this year, and by 2020, he's what they thought he could be.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Apr 5, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)

A disappointment due to health not lack of skill, which leaves some room for optimism

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 4, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
It's hard not to root for this guy. Can't believe how time flies- already almost 2 years ago

His TJ couldn't have come at a worse time in terms of time of year. By time he could have been ramping up last year in games, the minors season was winding down.

Not sure that he'll "breakout" but I'm excited to see what Amado Nunez does this year. He had a really strong season in the AZL last year and hope he can build on it this year.

I'm also interested to see what Zach Thompson does this year, a little old for his league but I really like his frame and hope he can stick as a starter.