5/30 - Sox at Mets

Quin

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jerry Sands was DHing and hitting 5th...now it's Shuck in the middle of the order?

Really?

Jackson's day-to-day I take it?

Poor Kahnle, Ventura didn't do him any favors at all on Satuday, and then he's the one who has to wear it. Do we really need three lefties? I guess so...but it would be more helpful to have another RHR we could rely upon about now. As it stands, Zach Putnam's the best available option until Hahn can make another move.

And we're really not going to give Saladino more chances to play at least 4-5 times per week with how good he's looked recently?

Hmmmmm....

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
And we're really not going to give Saladino more chances to play at least 4-5 times per week with how good he's looked recently?

Hmmmmm....

Saladino playing regularly is a big negatory.

Saladino OPS: .670

Rollins: .631

The defensive difference speaks for itself.

Hmm, indeed. And people think I make this stuff up.

Edited by GreenSox

Not to mention Rollins isn't exactly dominant against RH power-pitching types...of course, Harvey's only been in the 93-95 MPH range in recent games, compared to the mid to upper 90's. I guess the argument from Ventura's going to be that Rollins is more familiar with the NL East and NL in general that Saldino, something along those lines...doesn't want Rollins to get out of his offensive rhythm, etc.

David Wright the to the DL (back again?)

James Loney will join the team for Monday's game (probably also sitting because of Q Monday)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 30, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
Saladino playing regularly is a big negatory.

Saladino OPS: .670

Rollins: .631

The defensive difference speaks for itself.

Hmm, indeed. And people think I make this stuff up.

Look at the splits against RHP. It is absurd to ever start Rollins against a RHP

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2016 -> 09:13 AM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_...8/jimmy-rollins

There's Ventura's argument for the presence of Rollins in the line-up. Kind of hard to argue with those numbers, and the amount of familiarity he has with the NL in general for so many years.

However, aren't a lot of those at bats during his prime? He is obviously not the same player.

While Saladino has been playing more often (look it up if you don't believe me), the White Sox have lost the last 10 games he has played in. It probably doesn't mean anything, but to contrast the White Sox are 3-3 and 4-6 in the last stretch when Rollins plays.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
While Saladino has been playing more often (look it up if you don't believe me), the White Sox have lost the last 10 games he has played in. It probably doesn't mean anything, but to contrast the White Sox are 3-3 and 4-6 in the last stretch when Rollins plays.

Oh come on lol.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 30, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_...8/jimmy-rollins

There's Ventura's argument for the presence of Rollins in the line-up. Kind of hard to argue with those numbers, and the amount of familiarity he has with the NL in general for so many years.

I have no problem with Rollins. Saladino and he do a decent platoon.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)

There is something to say for the veteran presence in a lineup don't you think?