2013-14 off season player movement thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great deal for Timmy! lol I wonder how much that no hitter gained him even though he was terrible after that. It'd be great to see him get back to being an elite pitcher again. I assume Zito will be bought out of his last year at $7 mil instead of keeping him at $18 mil so the Giants can continue to use frivolous spending on a pitcher.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
Jesus, that's really bad. Francisco Liriano would be a 100 million dollar man on this market

I'd bet this really winds up distinct from "the market" and comes across as something only San Fran would do for him.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 22, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
Lincecum's peripherals have been good the past two years, but $17.5 million a year is a really steep price to pay for this version of Lincecum.

His K/9 has been really good. His BB/9 has been between bad and awful. His K/BB has been very average, his WHIP has been average to bad, his HR/9 has been okay, and his H/9 have been okay.

His strikeout totals have honestly been the only number close to being worthy of $17.5M a year, but everything else screams an $8-$10M a year pitcher.

I think 2 yrs/$24M would have been my limit on him.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 12:47 AM)
His K/9 has been really good. His BB/9 has been between bad and awful. His K/BB has been very average, his WHIP has been average to bad, his HR/9 has been okay, and his H/9 have been okay.

His strikeout totals have honestly been the only number close to being worthy of $17.5M a year, but everything else screams an $8-$10M a year pitcher.

I think 2 yrs/$24M would have been my limit on him.

His FIP and xFIP the last two years have been pretty good. That's usually what I mean when I say peripherals.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
I hate that the Giants won 2 World Series titles because it makes people think that Sabean isn't the worst GM in the game when he clearly still takes the cake

Tim was on two world series champions, which means he can never leave SF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
His FIP and xFIP the last two years have been pretty good. That's usually what I mean when I say peripherals.

I wouldn't say they were pretty good. I would say they were definitely better than his ERA, but still no where close to what they should be at if he is making $17.5M a year. His FIP and xFIP need to be a sub-3.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2013 -> 10:58 AM)
Tim was on two world series champions, which means he can never leave SF.

there is a greg775 clone in San Francisco that wholeheartedly agrees with this statement.