ESPN on Moncada

skooch

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 01:29 PM)
Great article. Makes me want to keep Abreu. Seems like he could be a stabilizing influence on Moncada.

That scares me just a little bit more. He seems really immature. He needs a father figure to bring him along for sure. 225 twinkees in a week? Can't get him out of bed for practice? Trying to order 10 custom cars at once? Yikes.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
That scares me just a little bit more. He seems really immature. He needs a father figure to bring him along for sure. 225 twinkees in a week? Can't get him out of bed for practice? Trying to order 10 custom cars at once? Yikes.

Meh... it's an inside picture of a kid getting accustomed to responsibility and culture. Won't be a big deal IMO.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
Meh... it's an inside picture of a kid getting accustomed to responsibility and culture. Won't be a big deal IMO.

Also: 19. He was 19. He's still only 21. This is a kid. He has a lot of growing up to do. I think he'll be fine.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 07:29 PM)
You're right, he does.

Try growing up with nothing your entire life, then get handed 63 million dollars at 19 years old.

See how "mature" you act.

It's a concern when he struggles at the MLB level, and doesn't make adjustments.

$31.5 mill*. Not the point but still.

Great article. Makes me want to keep Abreu. Seems like he could be a stabilizing influence on Moncada.

The "This team gets it" line made me smile.

I wonder if Abreu and or Moncada are communicating with Luis Robert?

Edited by Donaldo

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 02:40 PM)

In regards to the material things, remember that this a guy from a poverty stricken part of the world. He found himself with more money than he could ever imagine.

I was in the "trade Abreu" camp since he's not getting any younger, and his trade value is not likely to get any higher than it is right now.

But after reading this article, i now think that his value to this team as a mentor is much greater than anything we'd get for him in a trade.

Perhaps this is splitting hairs, but it was"only" 85 Twinkles in a week.

Is there anyway that's accurate? It's almost impossible.

I disagree with almost everything written in this thread by posters so I will refrain from commenting unless you really wanna hear my opinion. I'll spare you of it since I disagree with almost all posts nowadays during the alleged rebuild.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 25, 2017 -> 12:18 AM)
I disagree with almost everything written in this thread by posters so I will refrain from commenting unless you really wanna hear my opinion. I'll spare you of it since I disagree with almost all posts nowadays during the alleged rebuild.

You must have confused this for the recent hawk thread. Don't worry, nobody is talking ill about Lord emperor hawk harrelson in this thread.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 25, 2017 -> 12:18 AM)

I really want to hear your opinion. Please tell us your feelings.

QUOTE (skooch @ Mar 24, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
Perhaps this is splitting hairs, but it was"only" 85 Twinkles in a week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-education...-201005541.html

Nothing brought Yoan Moncada, a teenage boy stuck inside a man’s body, quite the satisfaction of a Twinkie. He never could limit himself to one. Or two. He wolfed them down like a snake eating its prey whole. This may sound like an exaggeration, and it may be apocryphal, but those closest to Moncada swear it’s true: One time, over the course of one week, he ate 225 Twinkies.