**The Official SEAN SPICER Thread**

Brian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
I feel this is long overdue.

Today said Hitler never used gas on people.

He later clarified his point.

He said "Hitler was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing"

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 01:25 PM)
Just a very stupid group of people made worse by their stance of never, ever backing down when they are shown to have made a mistake.

Absolutely this. Spicer clarifying the comment to essentially say, well Hitler never used sarin gas dropped from planes on his people in 2017 makes it look even worse. The intent of the comment is clearly to try to make Assad LOOK WORSE THAN HITLER. It was a terrible comparison. Back down and apologize.

Jacob Remes‏ @jacremes 17m17 minutes ago

1. I was teaching, so I'm piecing this all together now from twitter, a bit confused. Tell me if I got this right.

Jacob Remes‏

@jacremes

2. The atty general promised to cleanse the country of filth at the same time the president's spokesman denied that Hitler used poison gas.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 02:29 PM)
Absolutely this. Spicer clarifying the comment to essentially say, well Hitler never used sarin gas dropped from planes on his people in 2017 makes it look even worse. The intent of the comment is clearly to try to make Assad LOOK WORSE THAN HITLER. It was a terrible comparison. Back down and apologize.

Exactly. But also to what end is that serving? If the administration he represents believes that Assad is worse than Hitler, how could they possibly stand by and say it is up to the Syrians to remove Assad. It is an endorsement of US-backed and enforced regime change.

But of course that isn't what he is endorsing. He just wants to rationalize their vandalism of a runway.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 03:24 PM)
Cause we did it with the Jews.

In January 1944, President Franklin D. Roosevelt, under pressure from officials in his own government and an American Jewish community then fully aware of the extent of mass murder, took action to rescue European Jews. At the urging of Treasury Department officials, Roosevelt signed an executive order establishing the War Refugee Board (WRB) to facilitate the rescue of imperiled refugees. With the assistance of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee and the World Jewish Congress, as well as many other relief groups in the United States, the WRB helped to rescue or protect tens of thousands of Jews in Hungary, Romania, and elsewhere in Europe.

In June 1944, Roosevelt also directed that Fort Ontario, a vacant US Army base in Oswego, New York, become an Emergency Refugee Shelter. Nearly 1,000 refugees in Allied-occupied Italy—most of whom were Jewish—were brought to upstate New York outside of the existing immigration laws. Roosevelt informed Congress that these refugees would be returned to their homelands when the war ended.

Of course those were the ones that were actually allowed out of their countries. Germany didnt allow them to leave.

Probably the first time in history the WH press secretary pushed the biggest story in the world (United Airlines) to the side on TMZ.

Sean Spicer should be fired for saying Syria's president is worse than Hitler ... so says the Anne Frank Center.

The Center's executive director said Spicer's statement is "the most evil slur upon a group of people we have ever heard from a White House press secretary." He also called for Spicer's immediate termination.

Spicer's been under the gun since Tuesday's press briefing, where he said not even Adolf Hitler sank to using chemical weapons like Present Bashar al-Assad did on his own people.

Spicer also flubbed while trying to clarify, adding ... "He was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing." The fact Hitler did just that, and in far greater capacity than Assad, has Rep. Nancy Pelosi also demanding Spicer be fired.

Spicer has issued an apology of sorts, saying ... "In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust, however, I was trying to draw a contrast of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on innocent people."

Www.tmz.com

Maybe he's intentionally trying to sabotage himself to get fired instead of quitting??

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2017 -> 05:39 PM)
Well at least he formally apologized for this one. Even he couldn't talk himself out of this one.

He still issued a written statement that implies Jews weren't Germans.

https://www.facebook.com/PressSec/posts/1666955626934539

And in his apology to Wolf Blitzer, he messed up again by defending Trump's efforts to "destabilize the region"