Tigers @ Sox 7/26/11 Gamethread

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
The crowd will lynch Peavy if he gives up runs like he has to the Royals his last two times out. Another bad outing and I think he is on the DL until September.

anyone see what Kyle Davies did to Boston last night.

Last outing was not a bad outing for Peavy. He threw 5 innings and gave up 1 run.

He just has a manager who doesn't understand that his arm starts getting tired after 75 pitches since he missed the better part of 2 seasons.

This game has the feel of Game 1 in the playoffs. Atmosphere will be great in Chicago hopefully Peavy can feed off of it and pitch a great ball game. Lets hope offense could back up another great game vs Verlander.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
Last outing was not a bad outing for Peavy. He threw 5 innings and gave up 1 run.

He just has a manager who doesn't understand that his arm starts getting tired after 75 pitches since he missed the better part of 2 seasons.

I agree with you but he s*** the bed at home against the Royals. The crowd is not going to care about his arm being tired if he pitches like he did at home against the Royals which was not a good performance.

With Humber moving to the pen the casual fan will expect Peavy to pitch as good as Humber did and will not be analyzing everything about the move.

Peavy needs a good outing as this is a huge game. Back to .500, 2.5 out and beating Verlander twice in two weeks.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
Ozzie has clearly shown since the AS break that his 3b position is now a platoon. Teahen has responded by going 5/25 with a .440 OPS.

Right but even after his performance I feel that Morel should atleast be given another shot. But as long as Teahen hits against Verlander then ok.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
Right but even after his performance I feel that Morel should atleast be given another shot. But as long as Teahen hits against Verlander then ok.

Many don't play the hot hand in a platoon situation, Maybe they should, but they don't and Teahan is in there. He has handled himself pretty well with the glove this year and hopefully he continues hs limited 2011 success against Verlander