**Official 2014 ALCS Thread**

Brian

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 06:45 AM)
Seems like a match up in MVP Baseball or something.

Game 1 not until Friday. Time TBA

That means the Royals get to pitch Shields in game 1.

I'm guessing it'll be Shields vs. Tillman, Vargas vs. Chen, Duffy vs. Norris, Ventura vs. Gonzalez

I always thought the O's don't have enough pitching to win a 7 game series. We'll see though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 5h5 hours ago

Chris Davis still has five more games to serve in his suspension, so an ALCS appearance could be unlikely. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles...0,5358121.story

I don't think they really need him. Steve Pearce is so much better.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 07:47 AM)
This ALCS is approximately 800% more entertaining than the NLCS.

Except for arguably having the two best franchises in baseball over the last 5 years or so...

You could argue for the Tigers, Red Sox, Rays and Rangers (up until this year's disaster), but it's a fitting match-up. The Giants would have a much better chance with a healthy Cain and Lincecum, though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
Not more than the Red Sox, Yankees or Dodgers, though.

Much rather see the Dodgersand their bevy of stars as well as Strasburg, Harper and the Nats. Cardinals and Giants bore me to tears. Royals are a fun story. Orioles are just kind of there but I'd much rather watch the AL now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
Much rather see the Dodgersand their bevy of stars as well as Strasburg, Harper and the Nats. Cardinals and Giants bore me to tears. Royals are a fun story. Orioles are just kind of there but I'd much rather watch the AL now.

Well, yeah. Kershaw 1-7 against the Cardinals is the mystery of the last five years, especially Game 1. Puig got cold and the Dodgers' bullpen tried to emulate the Tigers.

For marketing purposes, Nationals/Dodgers is the best choice, clearly.

That said...it's going to be a really fun World Series if the Royals could somehow knock off the Cardinals again. Could care less about the Orioles one way or the other.

The Giants and Cards are basically the baseball equivalent of the San Antonio Spurs.

Edited by caulfield12

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...cle2535406.html

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...cle2532687.html

After celebrating their sweep of the Angels in the locker room at Kauffman Stadium, some Royals players took the party to McFadden’s in the Power & Light District.

They got on Twitter to invite fans to join them.

KC you guys showed us so much love all year were returning the favor for you guys tonight at @McFaddensKC #allonebigfamily see.u all there

— Eric Hosmer (@TheRealHos35) October 6, 2014

According some of the people there, Eric Hosmer pulled out his credit card and helped pay for an open bar for an hour. He spent $3,000 and his teammates shared a $12,000 tab, according to a Royals official.

Eric Hosmer just paid for the entire bar's drinks for the next hour. Easily 500 people here. That ain't cheap.

— nick wright (@getnickwright) October 6, 2014

The players mingled among the crowd of people there and posed for a bunch of pictures.

This is Greg Holland, in the middle of #Royals party at McFadden's, totally mesmerized by the game highlights on ESPN pic.twitter.com/S92XiPXi7R

Got to McFadden's right when the Royals did and got ushered into their VIP section by accident. So, this happened pic.twitter.com/YvXqw9cf4D

#KC all your KC #Royals are here at McFadden's! Where are you?! pic.twitter.com/ZDuUmAsnH2

— McFadden's KC (@McFaddensKC) October 6, 2014

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...l#storylink=cpy

Tough s*** about the Cards and Giants playing each other again. Maybe the other teams should have showed up and won the games? I mean the Giants were a wildcard team and the Cardinals were underdogs against the Dodgers. The two top teams laid eggs. Blame them.

=)

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 12:30 AM)
I was just thinking, did the Royals go through any injuries this year?

Ventura was out for a while and it looked at the time like he might have a TJ surgery but that passed.

Hosmer missed quite a bit of time in the second half, which allowed Butler to play 1B full-time and kind of get back on track offensively.

Holland missed some time in the 2nd half as well, but nothing major.

Finally, Duffy also was down for a start or two down the stretch, but nothing major.