4/21 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Feel bad for Jared Mitchell's career.

2/28, 15 K's.

Nearing the end.

I thought he might have something left after his re-promotion last year.

But at ST, he just looked defeated every time I saw him. Even when he wasn't doing baseball things, he had the look of a man who had no hope.

If Mitchell keeps doing THIS badly, in say May or June, I'd say it's time to cut ties. Jason Coats is doing well in AA, and would be more age-appropriate in AAA anyway, so send him up. Hawkins and May aren't ready. Josh Richmond should be healthy around that time too so he's also a possibility to replace Mitchell in Charlotte.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
If Mitchell keeps doing THIS badly, in say May or June, I'd say it's time to cut ties. Jason Coats is doing well in AA, and would be more age-appropriate in AAA anyway, so send him up. Hawkins and May aren't ready. Josh Richmond should be healthy around that time too so he's also a possibility to replace Mitchell in Charlotte.

I'd like to see Coats called up too, very polished hitter and a very shrewd draft pick by Hahn in 2012 getting him in the 29th round coming off an injury.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Apr 21, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
I'd like to see Coats called up too, very polished hitter and a very shrewd draft pick by Hahn in 2012 getting him in the 29th round coming off an injury.

I'm a fan. Unusual combo of good contact and power, short and quick stroke, some speed, good to better defense on the corners with a strong arm, can even play CF with some acceptable competence (though he's really more a corner guy long term). Considering he got a late start he's done well. I want to see him in AAA sometime this year, probably late in the year though.

Anderson batting 2nd at BHam tonight...wonder if this is to coax him into taking more pitches. As good as he's been, no walks the first two weeks of the season is not encouraging. Even by the Sox poor standard of plate discipline.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Well, he hadn't been making errors, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Have you watched any of the games?

Rondon has 3 errors as well and he is regarded as possibly the best defensive SS in the minors. I wouldnt worry too much about 3 errors.