4/25 Games

GGajewski18

Barons K'd 8 times in 3 innings v a reliever making a spot start (Greg Nappo, whose results have been consistently excellent, not sure why he's stuck at AA, bias against an 87 MPH fastball probably the reason).

Junior Guerra has a no-no going through 5, having K'd 6, walked 0 and hit 1.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
Barons K'd 8 times in 3 innings v a reliever making a spot start (Greg Nappo, whose results have been consistently excellent, not sure why he's stuck at AA, bias against an 87 MPH fastball probably the reason).

Junior Guerra has a no-no going through 5, having K'd 6, walked 0 and hit 1.

19 total strikeouts in this one heading to the bottom of the 6th. May and Hawkins both 0-3 with 3K. Anderson 2-3 with 2 steals.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Anderson 2/3 1k 1BB 2 SB. He's now 10/10 in steals. But the big news is that he drew a walk!

K and BB rates improvement are the key to him reaching his potential offensively. I know he's been making less errors - have there been reports of improved defense?

Anyone heard anything on Frankie?

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Anderson 2/3 1k 1BB 2 SB. He's now 10/10 in steals. But the big news is that he drew a walk!

I was hoping someone noticed. Nicely done. Saw his line and when I saw the BB, I smiled.

Oh, and Brett Austin has been doing alot of BB himself lately.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
K and BB rates improvement are the key to him reaching his potential offensively. I know he's been making less errors - have there been reports of improved defense?

Anyone heard anything on Frankie?

Agreed. So far, it looks like Anderson has improved on his defense and K rate. BB rate rate so much.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 05:18 AM)
I was hoping someone noticed. Nicely done. Saw his line and when I saw the BB, I smiled.

Oh, and Brett Austin has been doing alot of BB himself lately.

Yeah, almost s*** when I noticed the BB in the box score. I smiled as well because it was just a few days ago I noticed Tim had not drawn a walk yet.

Also noticed the BB/K rate for Austin, hope he keeps it up.