Bernstein: Sources say White Sox might be for sale

bmags

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
Thanks, I wonder if it's "rumors" or " i have a source"

Either way, I am not putting a whole of faith into anything he talks about until a legitimate news source puts some mustard on this. Bernstein has less information to offer than even a Bruce Levine.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
Link to the tweet?

I know I'm bad with this, I use phone for twitter because tweetbot keeps all of the terrible new twitter desktop features out of the way, here it is:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Either way, I am not putting a whole of faith into anything he talks about until a legitimate news source puts some mustard on this. Bernstein has less information to offer than even a Bruce Levine.

I totally agree, but I have never heard any inkling that JR would ever sell so I wanted to check it out.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah its all puppy dogs and candy canes until the bidder is from out of town

Unless it's Cuban. (mark)

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Unless it's Cuban. (mark)

He's smart enough to know not to compete against the Cubs in this town. Although the Sox would be a bargain right now, the Cubs are going to be THE story in this town for the next decade while they actually win.

I have to say, I don't think any new era owners are going to have issues on generating money. If they move it's because they want their team in a city they want to be in. Teams aren't bought to make money now, they are a hobby horse for incredibly rich people.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
He's smart enough to know not to compete against the Cubs in this town. Although the Sox would be a bargain right now, the Cubs are going to be THE story in this town for the next decade while they actually win.

lol, BS. If he thinks he can make money off of it, he'd be on it in about a second. Playing second fiddle to the Cowboys in Dallas sure didn't scare him away from the Mavericks.

His problem will be getting past the ownership committee in MLB. You need 3/4 support for approval, which he will never get.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)

See, I don't buy this. Professional teams don't go on sale that often. This is why you see things like Ballmer by the Clips. Sure, he'd prefer Seattle, but he wanted an NBA team.

If a baseball team opens up, and cuban actually wants a baseball team? He'll call. It doesn't matter if we won't be biggest draw, the Mavs weren't either.

Now, is this incredibly unlikely, of course. But, who cares it's interesting.