Carson Fulmer optioned to Charlotte

Whisox05

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like everything about how they handled Fulmer. Everything. Bullpen in Chicago wqs a perfect way to bite his innings but more importantly expose him to the quality of hitters in the majors. Plus the main man big daddy Coop got to spill his undeniable and unarguable wisdom into his ear. I can't wait to see the next version of Fulmer.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 16, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
I like everything about how they handled Fulmer. Everything. Bullpen in Chicago wqs a perfect way to bite his innings but more importantly expose him to the quality of hitters in the majors. Plus the main man big daddy Coop got to spill his undeniable and unarguable wisdom into his ear. I can't wait to see the next version of Fulmer.

Then again maybe he would be better off in the minors. Coops track record over the past few years isn't impressive.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
I'm glad he was called up and stuffed in the pen. He learned he can get guys out up here but he also learned how much better he has to be. Now he knows. Nice job FO. Probably saved him a whole bunch of development time

or set him back a year. We will find out next spring

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
or set him back a year. We will find out next spring

Possible but I think it's more likely the brass wanted to show him how certain things he does won't work in the big leagues. Just seems like the only way calling him up early makes sense. The sox are aware of service time and developmental time and they chose this course of action. They know what they're doing with their pitching prospects. Amazing people doubt that, simply amazing.

With a guy like Burdi, if he is just blowing away AAA hitters, how is he going to get better? I understand the rushing guys crowd, but Fulmer was having no problems with AA guys at the time he was recalled. Burdi doesn't seem to be having problems with anyone now either. Chances are they will struggle here, but they and the team get a better idea of where they are at, and what needs to be improved. It obviously isn't a strategy for everybody, but if you are a better prospect and not really being challenged at your level, you aren't going to get better.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
With a guy like Burdi, if he is just blowing away AAA hitters, how is he going to get better? I understand the rushing guys crowd, but Fulmer was having no problems with AA guys at the time he was recalled. Burdi doesn't seem to be having problems with anyone now either. Chances are they will struggle here, but they and the team get a better idea of where they are at, and what needs to be improved. It obviously isn't a strategy for everybody, but if you are a better prospect and not really being challenged at your level, you aren't going to get better.

For literally 3 starts.