Take Warning (Suspensions are Coming)

Chisoxfn

You Personally attack a poster and you will be suspended. The level of discourse that I've seen on this site the past month has been atrocious and while the White Sox front office might accept that kind of performance, Soxtalk does not accept that type of blather on here from its poster. If you want personally attack a poster, you WILL be suspended. I don't care if you are a mod, admin, etc, ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

Note: This does not mean you can't debate or argue, but you debate the facts. And if you get to the point of trolling back and forth and can't ignore people (DA / Caufield, I'll call you out as the obvious example), then you need to put each other on ignore and move on (there are others).

PS: I happen to like both DA and Caufield the posters, so I'm not calling out your posts, just calling out your distaste of each other (and I don't care who started it). For once and for all, put each other on ignore.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
You know if we all met each other in person we would probably get along or at least not hold each other in contempt so much. I have met one guy on this board who you called out and can say he's a good guy. I am sure most posters are.

This is probably too much disclosure, but I have a list of personal favorite posters and Dick Allen is very near the very top of my list (and Caufield adds a lot of interesting ideas to the fire as well and has perspectives from his life in baseball). I also, am a pretty open when it comes to the general site and in reality, we are all Sox fans rooting for one thing, which is why it should ultimately be easy to focus on the debate and not the personal attacks and when things get snarky / too heated or you can't see logically with one person or another, then you need to take a step back and not make those posts.

PS: DA and Caufield are also Hawkeye fans, which is a plus.

This is good to see. You know it's bad when I of all people am trying to calm things down. Usually there's a mob coming after me with pitch forks for saying poop and blah too often... But it has indeed been on an entirely different level of awful lately.

The ignore feature really works and I'll be quicker to use it in the future... However, surely this will get things back on track and ward off some of the more agregious offenders. Good on ya, chisoxfn.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
You know if we all met each other in person we would probably get along or at least not hold each other in contempt so much. I have met one guy on this board who you called out and can say he's a good guy. I am sure most posters are.

I guarantee you would not hate me in real life. I'm not a dick yet I am not beloved on here.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
I guarantee you would not hate me in real life. I'm not a dick yet I am not beloved on here.

greg I doubt people dislike you, they may think you troll to much but dislike is a stretch. Hell you annoy me but I still don't dislike you.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 04:28 AM)
greg I doubt people dislike you, they may think you troll to much but dislike is a stretch. Hell you annoy me but I still don't dislike you.

Thank u.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 04:30 AM)
Eh, I'd buy you a beer.

Thank u. I wouldn't want a Falstaff, Schlitz or Hamms (kidding, old beer references). I don't know what I'd order actually.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
I think you are the best poster on this site

And I am not just saying that becasue you could have sat next to me high school

Thank u. My cross country coach at Rice was Brother Schul. I wonder what happened to him. Overall he was really young at the time and a very nice guy.

I don't think he really knew what he was doing though. I do know he was mad as hell at me after the league meet my freshman year. You had to walk the CC course before to know where you were supposed to go. It was at some park somewhere. We sufficiently learned the course.

The gun sounded on a cold wet November day. We all started running and the pack of Catholic League runnes took a right turn. Myself and my Rice pal started to go the correct way, but we panicked and followed the pack going the wrong way. Anyhow, the pack indeed went the wrong way. After a couple miles we saw the chute and kicked it in. The meet organizers signaled we all went the wrong way and we had to repeat the course.

Gassed from sprinting and thinking the race was over, my shoes all full of mud, I fell from about fifth overall to about 90th during our repeat run of the course. When the race ended Schul grabbed me and screamed, "All you bleeps had to do was go the right way and we would have won the meet! What the hell were you thinking??"

He was furious. I was tired and mad and I hated cross country that much more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
Thank u.

Thank u. I wouldn't want a Falstaff, Schlitz or Hamms (kidding, old beer references). I don't know what I'd order actually.

Thank u. My cross country coach at Rice was Brother Schul. I wonder what happened to him. Overall he was really young at the time and a very nice guy.

I don't think he really knew what he was doing though. I do know he was mad as hell at me after the league meet my freshman year. You had to walk the CC course before to know where you were supposed to go. It was at some park somewhere. We sufficiently learned the course.

The gun sounded on a cold wet November day. We all started running and the pack of Catholic League runnes took a right turn. Myself and my Rice pal started to go the correct way, but we panicked and followed the pack going the wrong way. Anyhow, the pack indeed went the wrong way. After a couple miles we saw the chute and kicked it in. The meet organizers signaled we all went the wrong way and we had to repeat the course.

Gassed from sprinting and thinking the race was over, my shoes all full of mud, I fell from about fifth overall to about 90th during our repeat run of the course. When the race ended Schul grabbed me and screamed, "All you bleeps had to do was go the right way and we would have won the meet! What the hell were you thinking??"

He was furious. I was tired and mad and I hated cross country that much more.

There isn't anyone here I dislike. But, I wouldn't buy you a beer cause there are too many of you and I am cheap

Big ol glass of wine on me for any Soxtalk brethren (or sistren) coming to Napa Valley. Soxtalk has been my greatest source of entertainment (outside of music and the occasional boob) for years. We're a miserable lot of late, but one uniquely common bond keeps the love alive.

QUOTE (napa_soxfan @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Big ol glass of wine on me for any Soxtalk brethren (or sistren) coming to Napa Valley. Soxtalk has been my greatest source of entertainment (outside of music and the occasional boob) for years. We're a miserable lot of late, but one uniquely common bond keeps the love alive.

Do you work in the wine business?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
You Personally attack a poster and you will be suspended. The level of discourse that I've seen on this site the past month has been atrocious and while the White Sox front office might accept that kind of performance, Soxtalk does not accept that type of blather on here from its poster. If you want personally attack a poster, you WILL be suspended. I don't care if you are a mod, admin, etc, ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION.

Note: This does not mean you can't debate or argue, but you debate the facts. And if you get to the point of trolling back and forth and can't ignore people (DA / Caufield, I'll call you out as the obvious example), then you need to put each other on ignore and move on (there are others).

PS: I happen to like both DA and Caufield the posters, so I'm not calling out your posts, just calling out your distaste of each other (and I don't care who started it). For once and for all, put each other on ignore.

Could you please give some examples of this alleged conduct? I haven't seen anything that compares to what I've seen on other forums.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
Baiting is ok, but not retaliating. Got it ;)

Look over the thread... All I said to the guy was related to the prospect we acquired:

"94-95 on the fastball. Try again."

Quoting an article from the main white sox site.

I'm a scarcastic poster but never do I intend to "bait" anyone. It's also irresponsible to blame any other poster for your own personal conduct. In between various stupid banter from me... He said I was a f***ing idiot, made inference to Soxtalk posters as "uninformed meatheads", and called out the fact that I'm going through a divorce as "poor scouting" with a cold and condemning tone. He claimed I was "one upping him" while randomly pointing out he had a World Series ring, was a pro scout, had a wife, and continued to attack while stating that he was "done with this site." Before leaving, he also had to begin attacking another poster by saying they were "f***ing pathetic."

Numerous times I tried to stop the engagement by plainly stating, "have a good night." Refusing to defend myself against his attacks with anything other than wit and being light about the matter - nor stoop to his level. After about 5 attempts I put him on ignore proactively rather than waiting for him to leave.

The entire thing was probably the most agregious example of utter stupidity that I've seen here in over 12 years.

Lesson learned for me... Put people like that on ignore faster. The guy was obviously having a bad day and was looking to obtain something at the expense of others. The Internet can be an easy place to receive a false sense of esteem in very lowly avenues.

I'm personally glad that this place doesn't stand for that but has the balance in place to allow for posters to express their personality within very open confines. The rules here are very liberal and very clearly defined. Even offenders are offered great leniency. I've probably been suspended 5 or 6 times.

Bottom line: Soxtalk rules.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 11:50 PM)
The Internet can be an easy place to receive a false sense of esteem in very lowly avenues.

The Internet also is an easy place to speak one's mind, call out other posters, question their fandom, and not have to deal with the consequences of a face to face confrontation

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 30, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
The Internet also is an easy place to speak one's mind, call out other posters, question their fandom, and not have to deal with the consequences of a face to face confrontation

Also, interesting side note: funny that mobile devices seem to auto correct Internet to be capitalized now. Haha :D